What's new

Hunting sites

m bryan

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
691
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Location
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you guys and gals hunt your sites? Do you alternate from one to another or do you work out a place before moving to another? I tend to bounce around from one to another and I'm not sure thats good? I have some places that could keep me busy for a year but I'm always trying to pick up more......Do you settle down and hunt what you have or add a few more?
 
When I first started detecting I would move from place to place a lot. But, now I tend to settle down on one place. I realized I can't find all the good stuff in a vist or two so I keep returning to the same site. I'll grid it out. Little by little the site gets hunted and goodies still turn up. Just started another site while I wait for the brush to die back at the site I've been hunting since Spring. The new site is in the woods also but the brush is not near as thick. So, I'll probably hunt that most of Fall season and then boucne back and forth between the two but focus more on the new site.

-Swartzie
 
I tend to hit smaller sites, although there have been some exceptions that I've returned to. Parks are there for whenever I get a whim with nothing better to do or another site ends up being a no-go for some reason.

I like to explore first, then plan my attack...hit it haphazardly and if nothing coughs up, I'll hit another...maybe thinking of going back to hit some spots I might have missed.

Im trying to get a thing going reg that should be productive but can only hit it on weekends. Never gave much thought to my detecting habits in this way.

Al
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom