HURICANE FLOUNDER

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flounder Pic.jpg

This is what shelters into swashes and sheltered coves in prep for a hurricane, on the Atlantic coast. When the black flies start to bite, so do the flounder.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wow, what's times dinner? That's a monster.:icon_thumright:

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll eat the top one you can have the bottom one, plus two six packs of corona, that is the best fish I have ever eaten--- next to lake trout. Fry some spuds and eat till there is only bones left!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT FISH HH

OP
OP
R

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've caught three of them like the top one. Hard as the dickens to land, but you just have to take your time. I have a folding landing net that stows into a holster on my belt. I let the fish completely wear himself out and then pull the net out and land him.
Two of them I caught were really memorable. The golf course on the other side of the swash has a lightening alarm. As soon as I hooked those two fish that alarm went off, so I'm standing in water with my rod tip up for 5 minutes playing this fish that's nearly the size of a trash can lid and there's no way I'm letting loose!
I had to get the kitchen staff to freeze them because they wouldn't fit in a standard size refrigerator.
To get access to the kitchen, I had to go to the visitors center. There was a young lady that worked there for number of years and remembered me, from one year to the next. The third time I took a flounder in to freeze she saw me coming and said "Oh Lawd, it's the flounder man. We gonna have a hurricane!"
Absolutely precious!

OP
OP
R

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all for kind comments!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions