Hurry Up And Wait!

springcypress

Jun 9, 2008
Cypress Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
I lived by the "If it smells clean, it is clean" rule.

For some reason I ended up being picked as the one to make sure that the buildings in Orlando were properly clean before being demolished. We had about 30 buildings and I'd assign the guys where to go clean then go jump in and help... about an hour before knocking off I'd run around to all the other spots I had guys cleaning and do a quick once over... If the smell of Pine Sol didn't knock me over I'd take a little closer look...

Proved to be a pretty good lesson going forward as well.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
A greenie wants a medal before his bunk tag stops spinning, someone fragg Kerry, dang you missed. (90 day wonder) Gnewt

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
Basic Training, we had a guy that would say, " So fourth platoon wants to (insert form of laziness here), that's okay fourth platoon, cause I GOT SOMETHING FOR YA' " then he would proceed with front leaning rest, or whatever daily torture he had lined up for us.
And we always heard all of these:
10 up and 2 down = ate up
bfr - big fu**ing rock ( as in how do you nail in a tent stake? use a bfr. )
Blue Falcon = buddy fu**er
RECOVER
stay alert, stay alive

then, while in iraq, after my platoon sergeant would give us the orders for the day, he would usually follow with " any questions" followed by a short pause, and then " griefs, gripes, complaints, discrepancies, b***hes, . . ." and the list went on and on. I guess he had memorized part of a thesuarus, but it always cracked us up.

m.r.e.s = meals rejected by ethiopians
energy bars were commonly referred to as " 'yote turds " after training at fort hood
DRINK WATER
Once you stop sweating, it's to late.

hooah

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
PRIVATE (insert your last name here)!!!
GIT YER GOAT_SMELLIN A$$ OVER HERE AND GIT IN THE FRONT LEANING REST POSITION!!!!!

(Your in trouble, (again))

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
1996 said:
Basic Training, we had a guy that would say, " So fourth platoon wants to (insert form of laziness here), that's okay fourth platoon, cause I GOT SOMETHING FOR YA' " then he would proceed with front leaning rest, or whatever daily torture he had lined up for us.
And we always heard all of these:
10 up and 2 down = ate up
bfr - big fu**ing rock ( as in how do you nail in a tent stake? use a bfr. )
Blue Falcon = buddy fu**er
RECOVER
stay alert, stay alive

then, while in iraq, after my platoon sergeant would give us the orders for the day, he would usually follow with " any questions" followed by a short pause, and then " griefs, gripes, complaints, discrepancies, b***hes, . . ." and the list went on and on. I guess he had memorized part of a thesuarus, but it always cracked us up.

m.r.e.s = meals rejected by ethiopians
energy bars were commonly referred to as " 'yote turds " after training at fort hood
DRINK WATER
Once you stop sweating, it's to late.

hooah

Hahahaha!!! I still use some of those...

DreamcatcherNC

Jul 22, 2008
A few that some of you old RVN vets might remember –

Ain’t nothing but a thang.
FIGMO
Xin Loi MF
CYA
Boom-Boom
LBFM – PBR
Pucker Factor
BUF
FUBAR
Number Ten Thousand
SLOPE
Shake and Bake
Donut Dolly
Round Eye
ICCS – (Int’l Commission on Control and Supervision –or- I Can’t Control Sh-t.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fmrUSMC_0844 said:
aa battery said:
my dad didnt like this one when he was a jarhead, You 4 eyed idiot!! :tard:
LOL we just got called "portholes"

Or BCD's

Birth Control Devices - LOL

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
By Your leave.
Your about to enter a world of hurt
report to the hurt locker
stand by to stand by
Private go to Headquarters and bring back 50 yards of Flight Line and a gallon of Prop wash.
Your a$$ is writing checks your body can't cash.
FUBAR
Ol Salt
Highly motivated Highly dedicated Mean Green Killing Machine
UnSat
Just fell out of a seabag
When in doupt whoop it out.
Most rik-y-tic
roger that
Aye aye
willco
tally-Ho
splash one boegey
Goodnight Chesty Puller where ever you are.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Left, right, right, left, right, left OHHH very well, no one wants to drill today! Okay, we'll feakin play games boys!

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
On your feet! Out of the shade and in to the heat!

Spread out, one grenade would kill you all!

and for all of us old Airborne types, " I got more time in a T-10 than you have in a T-shirt."

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
I forgot,

Lead, follow or the @#$& out of the way!

and

If the Army wanted you to have a (insert anything) they would have issued you one!

At ease, I'll be in the area all day.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unlace your boots! Unbutton your blouse! Turn your cover inside out and put it back on your nasty freakin grape! Now go see your senior Drill Instructor!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always liked:

"your about a box of rocks"

"good-to-go"

"where do you think you are, back on the block?"

"The Army can do that if they wan't, but not a Marine"

"go to the chow hall and get a bag-nasty"

"nut to butt"

"you frikin nasty!!!"

"thats good to go, you understand that son"

I also always liked to send the noob's to the Co. office and have them ask for a Prick E8 or a Prick O3. or to ask for a box of level bubbels... LOL they fell for it everytime. ;D

J.P.

Greenie
Oct 27, 2008
Medford, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
For all those who were forced to wear those infamous field glasses...............

BCG's - Birth Control Glasses

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things they taught me in basic training:
Never put a butt in a butt can! Never put dirty laundry in a laundry bag! New military clothing has dozens of little inspection tags inside them somewhere that only your training officer can find. Never let it be known that you have some college or previous military training or you will become the "Latrine Queen". Never be a road guard in a marching formation 'cause you have to run everywhere while everyone else walks. Never wear your display pair of foot wear. Always sleep on top of your bed, not in it. Never shave with your display safety razor. Clear shoe polish makes a fine floor wax. Always field dress a cigarette butt or you may have to eat it. Salute every thing that walks and call it sir! Exception? Don't ever call a female officer sir! Chaplains and nurses are real people even though they wear brass. Everyone likes a little ___ but no one likes a wise ___. Shooing a fly off your face in formation will cause a clip board to fall from the sky and hit you on the head. A warrant officer is a "mister" not a sir and if you call him sir he will let you know in words you can't mistake the meaning of. And a lot of others I know I will think of later. M :D nty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread