What's new

Hurt my back and cracked a ball...

aquachigger

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
747
Reaction score
310
Golden Thread
1
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...A cannonball that is. I've been out of commission for over a week with back problems. I just got around to cracking the cocoon off of one of the last cannonballs I found. I thought you all might get a kick out of it. Here's some pictures and a video of the event.

Picture from last post showing the eight balls I found in one day...

P8190010.webp

Here is a close-up of the ball with the thick cocoon before the the cracking...

P8190014.webp

And here it is Humpty Dumptyed...

P8200015.webp

Plus a quick video of me whacking away on the cannonball with a hammer...



I hope to be back digging by next week. Thanks for checking out my post.
 
Upvote 14
Lucky you didn't get killed. The powder can get wet and dry over years and still be active. Been several deaths from war items found. Great finds. Be safe.

Thanks. Black powder doesn't work that way. Tapping on the outside of a black powder filled ball would have the same effect as if the ball was filled with McDonald's cheeseburgers. More modern munitions are a different kettle of fish altogether.
 
Very nice save Beau...Man I feel your pain on the back issues...I have been out of commission for 2 mos with a serious sciatica nerve tear. I wish you a speedy recovery Beau.
Mike
 
Great post A/C. Sorry to hear about your back. I've had problems with mine since a motorcycle wreck last mothers day. Hope yours heals well.
And thanks for the video's, Good information............................HH
 
Very nice save Beau...Man I feel your pain on the back issues...I have been out of commission for 2 mos with a serious sciatica nerve tear. I wish you a speedy recovery Beau.
Mike


And I wish you a speedy recovery as well (you too Gunrunner61). I'm nearly back to normal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom