I ask for help for a beginner. Tiger Shark rookie

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
Hi folks!

I am planning a trip to the beach next week. I'm a rookie in a salt water beachhunting. The primary metal detector machine I'm going to use a Minelab Excalibur. The backup machine is a Tesoro Tigershark.
Excalibur know I a little bit. The Tigershark I do not know.What do you recommend for a beginner, what options, what tricks? Correct ground balancing, etc..

For example: The coil moves sufficiently, this can be secured to prevent wobbling of the water?

Any advices are welcome!

Timmy

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Hi folks!

I am planning a trip to the beach next week. I'm a rookie in a salt water beachhunting. The primary metal detector machine I'm going to use a Minelab Excalibur. The backup machine is a Tesoro Tigershark.
Excalibur know I a little bit. The Tigershark I do not know.What do you recommend for a beginner, what options, what tricks? Correct ground balancing, etc..

For example: The coil moves sufficiently, this can be secured to prevent wobbling of the water?

Any advices are welcome!

Timmy

If your going to a salt water beach the Tiger Shark will not do as well on whet salt water sand (is prone to false signals in this environment) It will do better in the dry sand. The Tiger Shark works great and really shines on fresh water beaches or fresh water applications. The Tesoro Sand Shark PI unit hands down is the detector for salt water beach use.

Maybe Terry Soloman will chime in on this he is the guy you need to chat with.

Happy Hunting,
Bill G

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll have to drop the sensitivity to 45-50%, and deal with the falsing in waves and on Black Sand. You'll know when you hit a solid target, as you will get a solid, repeatable signal. :occasion14:

OP
OP
timmysys

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
Thank you guys! I give a chance for TigerShark. Just backup, if Excal go wrong. But I am curious :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread