What's new

I believe, I believe

Dozer D

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
3,083
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Was picking up some dime boxes this Saturday, at one of the branches I asked if she had some halves. Not any loose ones she says, but I have an entire box that someone ordered but never picked them up. I was a little reluctant at first to take the whole box, being MRW, but bought the entire box anyway. That evening, started on the halves box, only to see right away a '64 ender. I was thinking, NO WAY, and continued into the box. Then another 64, few rolls later another 64. Half way into the box a BEN pop up. After the entire box was finished, came out smelling like a rose with 5-64's and 1-Ben. Not a one 40%, but I'm not complaining. 6-90's would equate to 30-Rosies. I'm not complaining, but I BELIEVE YOU GUYS NOW. It happens when you lease expect it. Makes me think about quitting searching dimes. I'll keep stacking anyway I can.
 
Upvote 0
That's why you always buy them all!
 
And that is why I don't search some boxes anymore.

Nice finds!
 
Half dollars rule! Congratulations Dozer!
 
NICE! My best score this year was the same circumstance- a box someone ordered and never picked up. They had actually opened it and dispersed it to the teller line. The first teller had $100. I saw a Walking Liberty ender as she held them up and I said I'd take every half they had in the bank before I even put those in my bag. I got $460 and ended up with 33 WL, a Ben or two and 19 40%. I took some photos of the enders, There were a lot. I am sure someone was happy with the last $40. Nice work. Its been lean times here since.
 
Tommybuckets: I like your story & findings better than mine. Great LUCK being there at the right time. Congrats are the order of the day.
 
Tommybuckets, I would've jumped for joy with that awesome score!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom