What's new

I D on bone fragment

rls2040

Full Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2013
Messages
180
Reaction score
103
Golden Thread
0
Found in Baldwin County Ga., found in same area as a Pickwick,Newman and a Waubesa. I know nothing about bones ,like how can you tell if it is old or not. Thanks in advance for any enlightenment. rls2040

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 

Attachments

  • image-1258055750.webp
    image-1258055750.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 123
  • image-1174518951.webp
    image-1174518951.webp
    33 KB · Views: 95
  • image-97300195.webp
    image-97300195.webp
    34 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
Those pics can at best tell you mammal long bone. Can't even guarantee that and I've done thousands of ids.
 
Thanks for your input. Does't look that old to me,iis there anyway to to approximate age looking at it?

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
The context would mean a lot but if I found that piece in amongst other artifacts especially in a midden or something like that I would assume it to be a section of whitetail deer leg bone that is either just food scraps or if it looks particularly worn down on the edges it may have been used to smooth pottery
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom