UNRULY
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- Jul 22, 2025
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 1
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Lake Tahoe, California
- Detector(s) used
- GPX 6000
Gold Monster 1000
Gold Bug II
2x - White's VX3
- Primary Interest:
- Prospecting
- #1
Thread Owner
I recently bought a GPX6000 and a Gold Monster 1000, and kept dropping the controls in the dirt and rocks when I set them down to dig. Not good...
I'm a product designer so I decided to create a set of legs to protect the controls from damage and I came up with the Kickstand as a great solution. I have thoroughly refined and tested the Kickstand and am now offering them for sale on my website.
The Kickstand only weighs 3.7oz or 107 grams installed. They're super strong and flexible, made of 3D printed ABS that easily folds out of the way. Attach the legs right side, or upside down, to expose the full coil surface when digging. I prefer mounting upside down, because the controls on these models are very top heavy and the 12" legs keep the controls well protected.
I'm including a pair of slide-on cable clips, a clip-on neoprene pouch, Allen wrench, some UNRULY stickers and a plastic replacement screw, in case your detector picks up the metal one.
If you need a custom size shaft for a particular model, I'm happy to customize and include it as an option on my website.
I hope you find the Kickstand useful and would love any and all feedback.
Use the code REDDIT to get a 15% discount as a Reddit forum member.
www.lifeisunruly.com/unruly-kickstand
Gold Monster 1000, mounted upside down to expose full coil when digging.
GPX 6000, mounted right side up.
12" ABS legs protect controls from rocks and obstacles.
Kickstand legs fold up for easy storage. Only 3.7ox - 107grms.
12" ABS legs are super strong and flexible.
I'm a product designer so I decided to create a set of legs to protect the controls from damage and I came up with the Kickstand as a great solution. I have thoroughly refined and tested the Kickstand and am now offering them for sale on my website.
The Kickstand only weighs 3.7oz or 107 grams installed. They're super strong and flexible, made of 3D printed ABS that easily folds out of the way. Attach the legs right side, or upside down, to expose the full coil surface when digging. I prefer mounting upside down, because the controls on these models are very top heavy and the 12" legs keep the controls well protected.
I'm including a pair of slide-on cable clips, a clip-on neoprene pouch, Allen wrench, some UNRULY stickers and a plastic replacement screw, in case your detector picks up the metal one.
If you need a custom size shaft for a particular model, I'm happy to customize and include it as an option on my website.
I hope you find the Kickstand useful and would love any and all feedback.
Use the code REDDIT to get a 15% discount as a Reddit forum member.
www.lifeisunruly.com/unruly-kickstand
Gold Monster 1000, mounted upside down to expose full coil when digging.
GPX 6000, mounted right side up.
12" ABS legs protect controls from rocks and obstacles.
Kickstand legs fold up for easy storage. Only 3.7ox - 107grms.
12" ABS legs are super strong and flexible.







