🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a local zoo, which is the oldest zoo in the Southwest. I really wasn't into hunting today because the ground is still a bit hard, but decided to hunt a spot I haven't tried before until today. I got a good repeatable hit at 6" and the numbers where jumping a little, I got a little sloppy because all I was digging was clad. Of all the coins to hit today:BangHead: I swear I can see a s mark, but, it's tarnished pretty bad and I don't want to even try and clean it. I can't get a good picture with my Canon to accent the mint mark. All opinions are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_7047.JPG
    IMG_7047.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7046.JPG
    IMG_7046.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Upvote 18
Digging one of those will make your day. :icon_thumright: Congrats

That's a great coin to find....especially in NM....
I've only ever found two, both were lost in the 20's or 30's for sure....

You dug a nice quarter there,and it certainly has a mint mark on it.Who can tell looking at your posted picture?

If it's a s-mark, got myself a key date, low mint mark barber quarter, only 188,039 minted!! Now I need my 1916D dime :)

Dang can't make it out , dan U done real good . I know how u feel when u dug my token.

I don't think it's quite as good as that one of a kind token you dug though!!! Close, but, I'll take it for now :)
Dang can't make it out , dan U done real good . I know how u feel when u dug my token.

Congratualtions on the nice Barber! :occasion14:

Congratulations on your Barber Quarter.
Can't make out an absolute "S" but it sure looks like it might be.

That is still a great coin.........tough to control your tools digging in hard pack!!

Sure looks like a s to me, can you seriously not tell yourself? With a loop? Let it sit in distilled water for a few hours mint mark up, you'll be able to see after over night.
Congrats for your exciting find and congrats for whichever Barber it is.

After getting a better magnifier, it looks to be a blob of tarnish right where the mint mark would be. :censored:

I can't make it out for certain, but it sure looks like you've got an "S" mintmark on that coin- one of the big 3 Barber quarters if there is. I hope you can verify that's got the S mint and you've found a very rare coin- GL & Congrats!!

-- Jeff --

Congrats on the Barber Quarter. Get yourself a real good loupe with a light on it or take it to a jeweler.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back