What's new

I FINALLY BOUGHT AN AT PRO!!! cannot wait to use it over my ace 250...

Joined
Sep 21, 2013
Messages
116
Reaction score
89
Golden Thread
0
Location
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
finally bought me a garrett at pro...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellows, what coils did you buy for your at pro and where...I think it comes with the standard 9.0" x 11.0" and was thinking of getting the 5.0" x 8.0" also what do you think of the grey ghost phones...

thanks in advance,
Gary
 
Did you get a good pinpointer? I like both my ATP and my 250 but really dont have enough xp to advise yet.
 
both coils have their uses, I personally like the 5 x 8 for parks or any place with lots of trash. you are going to love it no matter what, good luck and congrats on the upgrade, water hunting here you come!
 
I use the 5x8 almost exclusively. Lightweight & just as deep as the larger one IMHO
 
You lucky dog!!!! I can't wait to get my AT Pro. Congrats on the upgrade!
 
When I hunt an old property I usually grid the area off and hit it with my 9x11 DD coil a few times. That way you can assess the area and know where the trashy areas are and what areas are producing good finds. After a few scans with the 9x11, I switch to the 5x8 to better separate targets just in case there is some stuff hiding below the iron that I missed.

The 5x8 is easy to pin point and you can get closer to large metal objects (like playground equipment). the 5x8 does not cover as much ground per swing at the 9x11 however.

To learn the ATP you really have to put in a lot of time with it, plus there are some great videos on youtube that will show you some good techniques.

Good luck!
 
I have 2 of the garrett pro pointers...I bought one when I purchased my ace 250 and then I got one with my at pro that is unused so I will be selling that one on ebay to buy a detronics I think its called...
 
your right about water hunting.. I still use my 1280x 95% of the time when in 15 to 20 feet of water..
thanks,
Gary
 
thanks, more than I wanted to spend but now I have one for life...

Gary
 
thanks so much for the info...

Gary
 
I did the same upgrade about 2 years ago. I was going to keep my 250. But after the first time I took the At pro out I said I would never use the 250 again and sold it on ebay. Congrats and good luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom