I forgot to mention.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• S5300383.JPG
    S5300383.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 124
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OKI: This is funny. If what I think you are debating with SWR is that pin pointing with a metal detector somehow shows dowsing doesn't work, then we can say this about that kind of reasoning: If anyone first detects then pin points an object in the ground using an electronic metal detector, then afterwards digs it up with a shovel, then in reality, they found the object with their shovel and not their detector, so therefore, detectors don' work. Of course this is stupidity in the first degree.

I have heard of many dowsers detecting objects miles from them. However, I have never heard anyone claim to detect an object with a metal detector of any kind, any more than at best, a couple of feet.

You and I both know many times the target is directly under where our rods cross (Ground zero). So useing all available tools to find and retrieve the target, including a shovel, is the smart way to go.

Don't get tangled up in stupidity.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BTW: Monday, my wife and I are going to Salt Lake City for a few days. It's a 350 mile trip one way. I'll be dowsing at various locations along the way. Hopefully I will have lots of things to show and tell when we get back Thursday.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OKI:

I got to thinking about what I said in my post just before this one and some memory jogging is in order. Go to my first post in this string and there you will find my report on what happened when I compared my dowing accuracy against a random tennis ball throwing, and the ground zero issue. Not using a metal detector to pin point in both cases, dowsing would have still come out ahead.

Actually, if we follow stupid thinking, which the following is, ultimately it is our fingers that find the target. It's not the hands, the shovel or anything else. It breaks down like this, and as you can see, this is real stupid and real knit picking, but fits the skeptics montra:

1. Our dowsing rods first indicate a target is in the ground.
2. Our metal detector pinpoints where the rods indicate an unseen target is.
3. Our hands take hold of a shovel and thrust it into the ground and we scoop up a pile of dirt.
4. Our hands sift through the dirt.
5. Finally, our fingers pick out the target.

So it's really our fingers that find the target. ???

Of course, the skeptics don't like to hear :angry4: it was the dowsing process that first indicated, and from a long distance away, that a target is in that area. :cussing: Further more, they won't acknowledge that it took only a few minutes of dowsing to find this target :thumbsup: where the painstaking process of overlapping a small detector coil to cover the same vast area covered by a dowsing maneuver, would take years, if not more, to locate. :angry4:

When a shorter time to a target is wanted, :icon_thumleft: dowsing is the best and most valuable process to employ. :icon_thumright: Nothing else beats it. :notworthy:

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
SWR said:
Check it out... this "dowser" is using a metal detector to "pin point"... when in all actuality, they are metal detecting ::: chortles :::

Must ... believe ... dowsing ... found ... items ... no matter ... what ..... :laughing7:

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
The skeptics "reasoning": If anyone uses a metal detector to pinpoint a dowsing "indication" then the metal detector made the find, not the dowsing process.

Let's expand on this theory a little. If a detectorist gets a signal and digs a hole, but uses an electronic pinpointer to find the target, then the pinpointer made the find, correct? In other words, anyone that has bought a detector has been scammed out of hundreds of dollars since the pinpointer did the finding, and a cheap pinpointer can be picked up for less than 20 bucks.

Now they will start squealing, repeating posts, etc to show my "flawed logic", when in reality, this post is based on their "logic" *( I use the word "logic" VERY loosely here).

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Ed my man, welcome aboard.

I cannot see restricting myself to covering small areas, one at a time, that is equal in area the size of a Metal Detectors 8" or whatever size coil, when dowsing will take me directly to a target. This, you and I know the value of, which is something they simply haven't discoverd yet.

Stay tuned. They will start sounding off soon as more finds are in the plan.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
You are correct EddieR...The fact that treasure hunters will use any and all equipment to recover treasure seems to confuse the skeptics..Why..Because it does not fit their agenda of what out hobby is...Art

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
lesjcbs said:
Hey Ed my man, welcome aboard.

I cannot see restricting myself to covering small areas, one at a time, that is equal to a Metal Detectors 8" or whatever size coil, when dowing will take me directly to a target. This, you and I know the value of, which is something they simply haven't discoverd yet.

Stay tuned. They will start sounding off soon.

Personally, I love metal detecting. I have 14 or 15 machines at present. I also like dowsing, although I'm not very good at it yet. My Grandparents are very good at it, though. I know it works.

What gets me about the whole thing is why someone would want to come here and start messing with people, just because they believe something that is not accepted by science. Anyone that follows science only might as well just stick their head in the sand, because a lot of things are gonna pass them by....simply because "science" says it "isn't real".

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well said. Not only are they going to miss out, they are going to take longer in gettig to targets they would otherwise find faster from dowsing.

I really think the skeptics we see here are threatened by dowsing, when they don't have to be.

When all is said and done, dowsing for metals is just another form of metal detecting.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~lesjcbs~
I cannot see restricting myself to covering small areas, one at a time, that is equal in area the size of a Metal Detectors 8" or whatever size coil, when dowsing will take me directly to a target. This, you and I know the value of, which is something they simply haven't discoverd yet.
You are correct again..why spend one or two days searching a football field with a metal detector when you can complete the task in less than an hour.
~EddieR~
What gets me about the whole thing is why someone would want to come here and start messing with people, just because they believe something that is not accepted by science. Anyone that follows science only might as well just stick their head in the sand, because a lot of things are gonna pass them by....simply because "science" says it "isn't real".
Right on ...Scientist are wrong all the time.

Please answer the questions SWR
SWR: Yes or no, is water everywhere?
SWR: Not even a fantastic dodge on your part. Yes or no, is water everywhere?
A simple yes or no will do. Is water everywhere?
Now, yes or no. Is water everywhere?
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,19834.0.html
Here a small part of our Scientific Facts..Please post yours?
Please post where this can be found... Science has already discredited dowsing"?

Gee SWR..
One would have to guess your "style" is whining when you cannot support your claims.
Good job on being your own worst enemy, too. Please post more supporting quotes.
Evidently you can't grasp or understand that if you make an extraordinary claim on an internet message board, be prepared to have that claim challenged and validate/support your claim. Simple.
Try not to be to harsh on yourself on your failure to maintain an intellectual discussion with those sitting on the other side of the table. If my posts on a internet message board make you lose your manhood and resort to the name calling and insults in-lieu of civility and understanding the opposition... I pity those around you IRL (in real life).

Score another one for SWR
Those answers are not acceptable to us...Art

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
Well said. Not only are they going to miss out, they are going to take longer in gettig to targets they would otherwise find faster from dowsing.

I really think the skeptics we see here are threatened by dowsing, when they don't have to be.

When all is said and done, dowsing for metals is just another form of metal detecting.

If thats the case ? ??? ??? ??? Mds run on batteries so what do L-rods run on? please feel free to post any treasure found by dowsing? In 7 years on TN i have never seen a dowsing treasure of any type posted. Prove me wrong please /

tinpan

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Saturna said:
tinpan said:
Mds run on batteries so what do L-rods run on?
tinpan

Imagination ?

Don't you think that imagination was the fuel for scientific discoveries in the past, and imagination will fuel further scientific development?

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Imagination got them started.

Possibility made it viable.

Reality allowed it to happen.

... dowsers only got the first one. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tinpan: Not even a nice try.

I posted some finds earlier while dowsing. What did you do, pretend I didn't post them or that they are not there? Yes, they are not valuable like a pot of gold woud be, but since when did you become the judge of what a treasure is supposed to be and why? Is it that you put your head in the sand and didn't want to see those metal things I found while dowsing? I explained in detail why they are significant. You must have ignore that also?

By the way, you can find metals with $3.00 magnets found in hardware stores (ACE, Sears, Lowes, Home Depot etc) and they don't run on batteries. Dah! Batteries have nothing to do with this subject. So how about giving it the old fashioned effort to keep on subject. If you can muster that, you just might become more impressive.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SHAZAM. WELL HALLELUJAH AND HOW DO YOU DO???

I know it’s not clear (sorry about that) but this is a very small piece of aluminum foil I found while dowsing. I'll get the focusing down eventually. It measures 7/16” wide by ½” long. This message is not going to be good news for the skeptics.

During this dowsing session where I changed my tactics to digging before using my metal detector to pinpoint, I encountered a problem in finding this item. However, it was a problem I saw and prepared for before I started dowsing. The problem was: If I dig for a target that is real small like this one turned out to be, even though it is in fact there, the chances of not seeing it are very real.

That is what happened. Restricting myself to a 3 minute time limit to dig out a target, I dug for 3 minutes where my rods crossed. At first, I didn’t find it. After my 3 minutes was up, knowing the probability was high that a target was in the dirt somewhere and that I had simply not seen it, I used my metal detector to prove that it was there. It turned out to be in my dirt pile. I had reburied it after having dug it up with the first shovel full of dirt, and thus it was out of sight. No see, no find.

In short, when not using a metal detector to pin point a target, the issue boils down to how good is ones dirt sifting technique, not does dowsing work or not work. If this had been a nail or something larger like that, finding it with the naked eye on the first shovel full would have been easier.

I will never go treasure hunting and restrict myself to just one hunting tool, simply because someone thinks or says it doesn’t work. I will use every available tool I can get my hands on.

There was a second target I went after before bringing out my Metal Detector to prove it was there. It was on a football field track that was packed down hard. After making little progress to break through the hard surface for the same 3 minutes, I brought out my MD to prove it was there. It was and is still there. I thought targets on a track would be closer to the surface and faster to recover. Not necessarily so. That track surface was like breaking through cement.

Attachments

• S5300386.JPG
    S5300386.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 227

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
SHAZAM. WELL HALLELUJAH AND HOW DO YOU DO???

I know it’s not clear (sorry about that) but this is a very small piece of aluminum foil I found while dowsing. I'll get the focusing down eventually. It measures 7/16” wide by ½” long. This message is not going to be good news for the skeptics.

During this dowsing session where I changed my tactics to digging before using my metal detector, I encountered a problem in finding this item. However, it was a problem I saw and prepared for before I started dowsing. The problem was: If I dig for a target that is real small like this one turned out to be, even though it is in fact there, the chances of not seeing it are very high.

That is what happened. I dug for 3 minutes where my rods crossed. At first, I didn’t find it. After 3 minutes was up, knowing the probability was high that a target was in the dirt somewhere and that I had simply not seen it, I used my metal detector to prove that it was there in my dirt pile. BINGO, there it was. I had reburied it after having dug it up with the first shovel full of dirt, and thus it was out of sight. No see, no find.

In short, when not using a metal detector to pin point a target, the issue boils down to how good is ones dirt sifting technique, not does dowsing work or not work. If this had been a nail or something larger like that, finding it with the naked eye would have been easier.

I will never go treasure hunting and restrict myself to just one hunting tool, simply because someone thinks or says it doesn’t work. I will use every available tool I can get my hands on.

There was a second target I went after before bringing out my Metal Detector to prove it was there. It was on a football field track that was packed down hard. After making little progress to break through the hard surface for 3 minutes, I brought out my MD to prove it was there. It was and is still there. I thought targets on a track would be closer to the surface and faster to recover. Not necessarily so.

Hopefully, one day after my dowsing rods have indicated an unseen target is buried in the ground within a foot or fewer inches from where I am standing, and I am way out in the middle of no where in “no mans land”, I will bring out my metal detector to pin point and dig it up. After that I will laugh all the way to the bank while the skeptics stand outside, hands, faces, and noses pressed hard against the window and slobbering all over the place, still trying to figure it out and saying: “Dowsing doesn’t work.”

Let the skeptics’ now bring on all the howls, moans, and groans they can muster

HOWL.
I can start digging anywhere for 3 minutes and find a piece of junk. You have proved nothing.besides you cannot find anything called treasure, you cannot even post a clear pic. I can find 10th of a gram of gold in the hardest mineralized ground in the world. Thats more than any dowser has ever found. Theres no easy way of finding treasure and takes years to learn.You think can you pick up a couple of rods and way them around and your onto something. Well stop talking rubbish.

tinpan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread