What's new

I found a 1983 double die reverse!!!!

zmemarine

Full Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
151
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
I got $45 in customer rolled pennies and boy did they ever produce. I only found 2 wheaties out of the whole bunch(1918, 1951s), but the error and variety coins were aplenty. I first found a BU 2000 wide AM, then a 1972 double die obverse. This is my third of this variety. I thought ok i'm happy with just this and then a BU 1998 wide AM pops up and then another BU 2000 wide AM. Then I find a 1972 1 pfennig. Then in the second to the last roll out pops a 1983 double die reverse. I didn't even need a loupe to see it because it's so drastic. Just 2 weeks ago I found the 1995 double die obverse and now this. SWEEEEEEEEEET! Enjoy the pics.

Semper Fi
 

Attachments

  • 1983ddr4.webp
    1983ddr4.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 552
  • 1983ddr5.webp
    1983ddr5.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 560
  • 1983ddr.webp
    1983ddr.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 549
  • 1983ddr1.webp
    1983ddr1.webp
    15 KB · Views: 538
  • 1983ddr2.webp
    1983ddr2.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 538
  • 1983ddr3.webp
    1983ddr3.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 520
Upvote 0
Its the QX5 digital microscope I bought for 85 dollars.
 
Congrats on yor finds!

I am just getting into CRH and have been wondering what a double die reverse looked liked. Now I know, thanks to you. Could you please post a pic of one of your wide AM with a pic of a regular penny? I haven't found one and was wondering what exactly am I looking for. My first box of pennies should be in this week.

Sue
 
Great find on the 1983 double die reverse. My book, "Strike It Rich With Pocket Change", says its worth $55.00 in extra fine condition and $80.00 in about uncirculated condition. Good eye! :thumbsup:
 
garbageman said:
Great find on the 1983 double die reverse. My book, "Strike It Rich With Pocket Change", says its worth $55.00 in extra fine condition and $80.00 in about uncirculated condition. Good eye! :thumbsup:
Great job! I found one myself last year. The redbook has it listed in MS-65 at $300.
 
Fantastic finds. I've been looking for those doubled dies and wide AMs for awhile with no luck. Maybe next box.

HH
Rich
 
Out of a couple hundred $$ worth of lincolns I have never found any that nice.!

Luck of the draw I guess.. Congrats :thumbsup:
 
Congrats. I don't have the patience to search pennies for errors.
 
Great find,I check all of my pennies and I haven't found one yet.The only nice penny I found
was a 1998 wide AM.
Congrats on your awesome find :thumbsup:

fortbball9
 
Way to go on the find....I have yet to find one but still looking all of the time. Again Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom