I found a relic today that sent chills down my spine! Seriously!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Searching an old house foundation today in Albemarle County, Virginia, I dug a very special, unique relic that gave me the chills. I am guessing it is a match box cover, made out of copper, that measures 2.5 inches long x 1.5 inches wide x .875 inches thick. It says WORLD WAR 14 18 on the front and GERM. PRIS. on the back, which I am assuming means GERMAN PRISON. The idea that I am holding a special memento lost by a hero who may well have spent his time in a German Prison gives me a feeling that I can not describe.

Upvote 67
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding personal item relic recovery, congrats! :notworthy:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
what ever it is, it is super cool. something very personal and a reminder of hard or bad times during war time. Totally awesome find

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super nice find, very cool.

I see what looks like a lot of hand work in that piece.

Old School

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
what ever it is, it is super cool. something very personal and a reminder of hard or bad times during war time. Totally awesome find

Thank You Dirtlooter! :hello:

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Having something personal like that far out weighs most finds. I love it congratulations

That's the Truth, Truth! Thank you very much. :hello:

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Super nice find, very cool.

I see what looks like a lot of hand work in that piece.

Old School

Thank you SanMan! Lots of neat detail for sure.

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creskol, that has got to be one of, if not the coolest artifact I've ever seen on TNet:occasion14: I'd research that property to see if by chance you can figure out who originally owned it. That is very time-consuming, but if successful, would really bring an even more special meaning to this already special find!

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
creskol, that has got to be one of, if not the coolest artifact I've ever seen on TNet:occasion14: I'd research that property to see if by chance you can figure out who originally owned it. That is very time-consuming, but if successful, would really bring an even more special meaning to this already special find!

Thank you invent4hir .. I appreciate that. :icon_thumright: I will probably spend some time on Thursday tracing the land records to see what I can find. It would, indeed, be special.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1575426725.703006.jpg
Maybe US prisoner got a hold of a German issued match box cover, reworked it, sort of trench art. Very cool find! Congrats

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1776889
Maybe US prisoner got a hold of a German issued match box cover, reworked it, sort of trench art. Very cool find! Congrats

Very Cool! The emblem is a little bit different, but the concept is the same. Thanks for posting that.. I really appreciate it!

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes me wonder if he could taken it off a German POW and then turned it into a memento. Very special find.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is gorgeous! Personal relics are a fav here too and that one is stunning...congrats on the find!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the gret thing about this hobby we dont just find old relics and things we appreciate the History of those relics. Thats a great find a piece of History unearthed. Well done awesome find my friend. Tommy

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Makes me wonder if he could taken it off a German POW and then turned it into a memento. Very special find.

Thanks Mike .. That is a very good possibility. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That is gorgeous! Personal relics are a fav here too and that one is stunning...congrats on the find!

Thanks a bunch, smallfoot. I really like the personal relics, too!

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats the gret thing about this hobby we dont just find old relics and things we appreciate the History of those relics. Thats a great find a piece of History unearthed. Well done awesome find my friend. Tommy

Thanks Tommy.. The history behind it is equally as exciting as the relic itself. I can't wait to dive into the research of the land records. I would love to find out who it was that brought this keepsake home.

Bob-E-Pin

Dec 31, 2012
El Paso Texas/Las Cruces New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro. and AT Gold, Nox 800,Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The crown is from the Prussian empire which is what Germania/Prussia were before the inception of the third reich. Super cool

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread