What's new

I found Jesus and Benjamin Franklin today :)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2014
Messages
1,790
Reaction score
3,850
Golden Thread
1
Location
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Equinox 800
Modified Etrac
Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted a couple of private yards this morning, first yard gave up the buffalo and 4 wheats. Next yard yielded the sterling silver Jesus medallion and the other silver piece?? The medallion came in at 4/41 3/42and weighs 11 grams the other thing rand at 1/41 2/41 and weighs 12 grams the thing had the familiar tarnish just like most of the silver around here. Not sure what it is, but I found it within 20' of Jesus. The last place I hunted was an old baseball field, there I found 3 wheats, the rosy and last but not least the half dollar at 4" The low reading and color threw me off. At first I thought I had an old Mexican coin, most come out the ground that dark. I only hunted the field for a couple of hours but plan on going back early tomorrow. I can mark the half off my to find list for this year. It's almost a year since I found my last Walker. Overall not a bad day with the CTX. I ran Auto sens at +3, open screen, fast recovery, high trash with combined tones, picks the coins outta the trash with no problem.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3665.webp
    IMG_3665.webp
    659.2 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_3669.webp
    IMG_3669.webp
    527.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Upvote 32
Congrats on the silver and other finds
 
Congrats on pulling all those keepers. :occasion14: Man it sure is sweet when you pull a big silver. :headbang:
 
Too bad it doesn't happen more often :laughing7:
 
Wow, nice silver finds! A founding father and the Father himself! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Love the religious pendants!

aj
 
Congrats on the great finds!! If you check my avatar, I found a medal that looks somewhat similar to yours.

-- Jeff --
 
Great pile of silver and a big silver, Awesome hunt!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom