I Found Love Behind Second Base...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conjoined wedding bands, that is. I was detecting a local softball field this morning, when my trusty ATPro hit on a Lincoln cent signal, 75 VDI, and out popped these two rings, the lady's ring inside of the man's ring! Inspection revealed the lady's ring to be marked .925/ China/ (symbol) and the lovebird's first names and date of marriage. The man's ring is unmarked but appears to be titanium. It is filigreed and unusual.

This must have been a pocket spill, most likely Jacob had his and Ashley's rings in his pocket as they played co-ed softball. I bet that ride home was a long one! I have been researching with the information available to try to return the rings if at all possible.

Feels good to be riding the "Ring train" again. Thanks for looking, and you ATPro folks, DIG THOSE LINCOLNS! The high tone of the silver ring was masked and mixed with the lower tone of the titanium. giving it that Lincoln cent signal...:icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Attachments

• JacobAshley1.JPG
    JacobAshley1.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 157
  • JacobAshley2.JPG
    JacobAshley2.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 160
  • JacobAshley3.JPG
    JacobAshley3.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 148
  • JacobAshley4.JPG
    JacobAshley4.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 23

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that's a cool find, folks find ring drops of multi rings at the beach or park, but to find the wedding rings of a couple is really cool. Congrats on the unique recovery.

It might be the case of the couple has separated because he/her had only the passion of playing baseball, since the relationship failed the rings were buried in remembrance of their marriage not getting past the second base.:dontknow:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Double dose of surprise! Good luck on finding the owners, you just might save a marriage.
yup your right, I hope you find them cause the marriage WAR is tough

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
man that is a cool dig !!never seen two together like that !!

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's so neat, that they are locked together like that! I would really try hard to find that couple.. Unusual find should have a great unusual story ending in a happy reunion.
Congrats on being the one to make the magic happen. Nice find. Hope it works out.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY SUB WISH YOU LUCK ON THE RING FIND AND THE SEARCH FOR THE OWNERS ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread