What's new

I found part of a silver dollar today

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2014
Messages
1,790
Reaction score
3,850
Golden Thread
1
Location
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Equinox 800
Modified Etrac
Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in a park today using my E-trac with the stock coil, running wide open with auto-sens. I'm not sure what type of coin this is.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3284.webp
    IMG_3284.webp
    145.3 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_3288.webp
    IMG_3288.webp
    90.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Upvote 34
Looks like part of a Mexican 8 Real. Nice find!
 
I agree, 1893 Mexican 8 Reales, the ICA being the latter letters of "REPUBLICA"
 
Congratz! Nice Find!
 
Well that is a very cool little piece of silver. Congrats.

You know that I would be all over that place looking for another piece of that coin. Even though I know that it wasn't cut by a lawnmower, I would have instantly convinced myself that the park is covered with little pieces of eight! Best of luck to you!
 
Wow "Cut Silver" not the lawnmower kind, I would be smiling all day after finding that :treasurechest:
 
That is a nice Mexican cut piece for sure.
 
Very cool four sided cut, they really must of cut that one up. Congrats on the great looking piece.
 
Saving history one piece at a time- very cool!

-- Jeff --
 
It is a 1893 Mexican 8 Real, you guys are good!!! My favorite find from all week!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom