What's new

I found this one today... Any Ideas?

biggmike

Hero Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
751
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
2
Location
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I found it at a yard sale. The guy said his dad gave it to him. Any way to find out what it is or date it? Is it new or old? It weighs 65 grams if that helps. Let me know if you can help. Thanks



003.webp004.webp005.webp006.webp007.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks good to me....nice edge work on that one. Could be a large knife, a cache blade probably wouldn't have a finished edge like that.
 
That's killer, Mike. I'd call it a backed knife. A hand knife. Real nice, super tool. Looks like it may be ground on the flat sides.
That kind of patination in FL is most often quite old boom. Looks also like the maker was trying to thin, possibly flute the base......and right after that realized he was gonna wind up with a tool. That really has a paleo look to it, like Suwannee, but what do I know?! muhaha.
 
Cow House Slough or a Citrus preform? Nice blade regardless.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom