I got 1.165 troy ounces from 2 pans!!!

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I finally got to go panning down on the Llano river. I had been planning on going Wensday but instead I had the opportunity to go shooting. I did manage to go to the spot and run two test pans using my new Hex gold pan. I found a small granite ledge and thats where I found it. 1.165 troy ounces of LEAD, lol, all of it was from bullets there were a few .22 caliber rounds but most of it was shot gun shot. I also found 2 specks of gold from the same pan one of which was of pretty respectable size. Well after that success I went back today with my pans a bucket some screeners and my sluice. I screened until I had a 5 gallon bucket full of material then went and ran it threw the sluice. The only problem was that here in this part of Texas there is an obscene amount of black sands so I pretty much clogged my sluice up with only one bucket of material. So after that I went back to the Hex pan. The second day I found .845 troy ounces of lead and five more specks of gold but these speck were quite a bit smaller. All said and done I found 2.010 troy ounces of lead and 7 specks of gold. I probably could have found more but I left my paint brush behind so I could not get the really fine stuff from the bottom of the ledge where I was working. Till next time.

P.S. I have some photos but I can't get my computer to read the card I think the slot has stopped working. I will have to find my cable and do it the slow way. Hopefully I can get it done by tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
If you wanna get good gold on the Llano here's a tip for you. You know those places that rent tubes for people to float down the river? Go get one, a mask and a snorkel. Toss the pan, you won't need it.

Float down the hot areas where EVERYONE goes, and stop and check every decent size crack you see running across the river. Every piece of jewelry thats ever fallen off a body part is in those cracks.

A buddy of mine filled a coffee can half full in one summer off the Lllano. Those Texas gals sure do like their jewelry!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a cow magnet, put it into a piece of vinyl tubing. Use that to clear the magnetite off the riffles. Will give you a little more time between clean outs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions