Nick A
Hero Member
- Joined
- May 10, 2007
- Messages
- 657
- Reaction score
- 153
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Columbus Ohio
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Two Barber coins, a 1903 V nickel and a 1912-D dime. The dime being part of a silver dime trifecta... Barber, 1917 Mercury and a 1960 Roosevelt! 
Met up with a friend at at park just as the rain came in. We got soaked, and of course 5 minutes later it was all over. Slightly soggy we kept at it. My first signal was a wheat cent, a good start. Then it was slow going as we picked through pulltabs. She got the first really good target and then I followed it up with the 1960 Roosie shortly after. Then I got a nice nickel signal at about 3-4" and surprise, a V-nickel! Kept going picking up a wheat here and there and then in another part of the park that was hard to hunt I got a good signal right on the surface. I kicked away the sticks and leaves and there was the 1917 dime right on top. Focused a little more attention on that area and got a few wheats and then a nice signal next to a stump. Rocks and roots greeted my digger. Dang it!
I almost gave up on a few times but finally the Barber dime came out of the hole.
Continued on and picked up a few wheats and the two aluminum Catholic charms. All in all a good day with both of us getting some good keepers.

Met up with a friend at at park just as the rain came in. We got soaked, and of course 5 minutes later it was all over. Slightly soggy we kept at it. My first signal was a wheat cent, a good start. Then it was slow going as we picked through pulltabs. She got the first really good target and then I followed it up with the 1960 Roosie shortly after. Then I got a nice nickel signal at about 3-4" and surprise, a V-nickel! Kept going picking up a wheat here and there and then in another part of the park that was hard to hunt I got a good signal right on the surface. I kicked away the sticks and leaves and there was the 1917 dime right on top. Focused a little more attention on that area and got a few wheats and then a nice signal next to a stump. Rocks and roots greeted my digger. Dang it!
I almost gave up on a few times but finally the Barber dime came out of the hole. Attachments
Upvote
0








