I Got Rained Out Before I Dug The Needed Silver Coin

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to a permission site this morning and decided to give my modded Tesoro Cibola a crack at finding some silver coins. I found the first one, a 1961 Rosie, on the hill side in front of the house.

The second one, a 1950 Rosie was only about an inch deep. I first I thought is was a clad dime and while I was studying it a girl come out of the house next door and distracted me. The distraction made me put the dime in the water filled pill bottle before I took a picture. So when I retrieved it I grab the wrong one. Any how, I did manage to get over to the girl before she went back inside and got permission to detect her front yard.

I was hoping to get another silver coin to make it 150, but the rain started and I had to head for the house with just 2 silver coins and 9 wheat pennies.

This was my 51st hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 149. All done without getting skunked on a single hunt. I just need ONE more!

Cibola settings: Discrimination set just high enough to discriminate out a nail, very slight threshold hum, a little negative on the ground balance and full sensitivity.

tabman

Cibola%20-%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20002_zpstsjdxnby.jpg

Cibola%20-%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20004_zpsltgdxnqk.jpg

Cibola%20-%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20005_zpsp45mdyco.jpg

Cibola%20-%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20007_zpslqijelsq.jpg

Cibola%20-%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20013_zpsn9fz0rhu.jpg

Cibola%20-%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20011_zpsu3ln60cs.jpg

Upvote 5
Congratz! I think I could hit Silver Member just replying to your current silver streak posts! Keep it up!

What,no pictures of the girl??

She was a looker, but I had my mind on finding silver coins for y'all to look at. LOL

tabman

Almost to 150!!! 8-)

That's a streak that would be darn near impossible to beat...I hit the park hard yesterday but I'm feeling it today...

Well, last I knew you were at like 136. I checked and I only have 59 wheaties for the year! AMAZING count, grats to ya!

HH ALL

Congrats on the silver
Thanks!

Congratz! I think I could hit Silver Member just replying to your current silver streak posts! Keep it up!
Thanks! It's a lot of work. It looks like I'll be rained in for the next couple of days, so I'll be raring to go Saturday.

Woot! Woot!

One more, man! *Crosses fingers for you*
Thanks! I'll get it!

Almost to 150!!! 8-)

That's a streak that would be darn near impossible to beat...I hit the park hard yesterday but I'm feeling it today...
I don't think that I'll even attempt to beat it once the streak is over with.

Well, last I knew you were at like 136. I checked and I only have 59 wheaties for the year! AMAZING count, grats to ya!

HH ALL
Thanks! I'm lucky.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back