What's new

I got some old coins off craigslist, 1723, 1798 & an old token. Help identify?!

cunextuesday

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
69
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got some old coins off craigslist, 1723, 1798 & an old token. Help identify?!

They were listed as

1723 Woods Hibernia

1798 LARGE PENNY

CONNECTICUT COLONIAL COIN

The guy inherited a coin collection from his grandfather. He made over half a million in the gold coins he sold, I got a ton of books, dimes, half dollar, eisenhower, nickle & penny folders, gold coin holders a 2006 redbook & these 3 coins for 60 bucks.

How did I do, & what do I have? He was certainly no expert & I'm not sure if he identified these correctly.
 

Attachments

  • 5If5N55H43k53Lb3F1c1f1db51516dd601c74.webp
    5If5N55H43k53Lb3F1c1f1db51516dd601c74.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 965
  • 5Kb5H15M43K63Je3H8c1ff6d1bfbbfae61a57.webp
    5Kb5H15M43K63Je3H8c1ff6d1bfbbfae61a57.webp
    8 KB · Views: 996
  • 5N15Q35H23Mf3I63J2c1f6a4b765b4736109d.webp
    5N15Q35H23Mf3I63J2c1f6a4b765b4736109d.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 980
Re: I got some old coins off craigslist, 1723, 1798 & an old token. Help identify?!

Good deal in My opinion.

Although the only Coin of Value "I Think"
is the 1798 Large Cent. at about $40.00

You had to get over $20.00 worth of other stuff.

& I Would have Guessed the Bottom one to be the Woods,
But I'm not up on Colonials
 
Re: I got some old coins off craigslist, 1723, 1798 & an old token. Help identify?!

jeff of pa said:
Good deal in My opinion.

Although the only Coin of Value "I Think"
is the 1798 Large Cent. at about $40.00

You had to get over $20.00 worth of other stuff

Yeah I got a giant pile of empty books, I checked them all hoping they missed a few ;)

Yeah the bottom one is the Woods coin, but it doesn't seem to match exactly with the redbook photos. They are really worn so....
 

Attachments

  • books.webp
    books.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 493
Re: I got some old coins off craigslist, 1723, 1798 & an old token. Help identify?!

:icon_thumright:

I was Going to edit, If someone were to tell me
the Woods was a Period Counterfeit,
I'd believe Them.

But Then again there are alot of Varieties of Colonials
 
Re: I got some old coins off craigslist, 1723, 1798 & an old token. Help identify?!

jeff of pa said:
:icon_thumright:

I was Going to edit, If someone were to tell me
the Woods was a Period Counterfeit,
I'd believe Them.

But Then again there are alot of Varieties of Colonials

It's funny, I just sold a 1600's soldini that was in better condition than all three of these coins, but it did wear in the same fashion. Thinning out at the edges & getting smooth. These don't seem like they would go for a high dollar amount, but I'd be willing to part with them to trade into silver.
 
Re: I got some old coins off craigslist, 1723, 1798 & an old token. Help identify?!

The top coin is a George II, the bottom one is a Hibernia. Not an awful lot of value in that condition, but really neat historical coins!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom