I got to look at the new coinmaster GT, and looks great!

scottcol

Greenie
Oct 5, 2012
Louisiana N.O.
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, my local whites dealer just got 2 in last weekend. We took one out doors and played with it yesterday. Im thinking of getting it for $399. but i like hunting relics too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A/CMan

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scottcol said:
Yeah, my local whites dealer just got 2 in last weekend. We took one out doors and played with it yesterday. Im thinking of getting it for $399. but i like hunting relics too.

I have it on wish list , it looks good.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've still got all the Whites detectors I've owned and they all still work.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL, I just got a new catalog included with a part they sent me and I didn't see this new machine. I'll have to look closer as I just took a quick look at it.

OP
OP
A/CMan

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mzjavert said:
LOL, I just got a new catalog included with a part they sent me and I didn't see this new machine. I'll have to look closer as I just took a quick look at it.

It looks to be a good machine it still has the coin master housing frame, and they installed it with the battery pack under the forearm like the 6t and with VDI#s and a auto ground balance , AC

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005

It's now listed on the White's Electronics website if you want to take a look at the features.

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a great machine. I will be getting one soon. Scottcol - Why do you think it won't find relics?

Robert2300

Greenie
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The New GT is not in the present catalog. WILL be in the new one coming out in a few weeks.
I discovered that the NEL Russian coils will work on the GT as many other brands. Looking to put
on a larger coil for hunting in the fields.
Robert2300

RedCardHack

Oct 2, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at one today and the dealer did a very detailed demo with it, Looks like a real nice machine, seems priced reasonably also, I wish it was out before I bought the Ace 350. Looks like one might be in my future.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at one today and the dealer did a very detailed demo with it, Looks like a real nice machine, seems priced reasonably also, I wish it was out before I bought the Ace 350. Looks like one might be in my future.

I'm a devout Whites user but I'd think twice before buying the GT because I know a guy who is very proficient with his Ace 350 and does very well with it.

Phanntom

Oct 21, 2012
Retired and traveling
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di Pro SL
Whites Goldmaster II vSat
Whites Prizim 6T
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've been using a Prizim 6T now for 6 months. It's replacing my 6000di Pro SL...my shoulder won't take the heavy machine anymore. I was dismayed to see that just 6 months after I bought it, it was discontinued so after seeing your posts here decided to look at the GT that appears to be the replacement. In going through the specs, I can't find anything different between the 6T and GT except the color and about $300 difference in price.

From a marketing standpoint the red makes it look much like a toy, maybe that's why it's $300 cheaper. Now that I've gotten used to the 6T I like it for general hunting. Wasn't sure I would...kind of an analog guy. I've heard some say it's automatic ground tracking doesn't handle highly mineralized soils well, but so far, when I was using it in AZ desert I didn't have a problem. I don't think you'll be disappointed...especially at the new price.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does it feel more solid than the regular CM? One thing I am a little disappointed in is how flimsy the CM feels. Seems there is too much play between the two shafts.

RedCardHack

Oct 2, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it does seem a little flimsy at the shafts, my ACE 350 is the same way. I found found some good things with the Ace, but it keeps freezing up, so it will go back to Garrett next week.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a re-packaged Prizm 6T to me....although that's a positive thing as they are much much less than the 6T was.

Dec 3, 2012
A/CMan said:
Anyone have any experience on this new machine, I think it's a great decision for whites to come out with it and to have VDI #s and the extra battery compartment thumbs up whites foe thinking ahead!

Yes I have the new coin gt and I love it! A lot of great features for the price. It has been a coin slayer that's for Sure. And iv found some sweet relics as well! Can't wait to take it to the outer banks in June.

Dec 3, 2012
I have the new coinmaster Gt and I must say for the price tag the gt is loaded with sweet features! You can't beat it at that price. It is a coin slayer. And iv found some really cool relics as well. I would recommend it to anybody! I was going to buy a Garrett at pro but after buying the gt I think I'm set!

lem49

Mar 25, 2010
Repuplic of Panama
Detector(s) used
fisher cz7a pro, Tesoro Vaquero, whites coinmaster GT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one on order for my wife, as it will be easy for her to learn with the auto gb and tracking. Everything I heard it performs well in mineralized grounds, as
a member of another forum lives in a heavily mineralized area. For the money you cant go wrong,

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
I just got the GT late Nov. and there is an update for the face plate. If you don't have it you should talk to your dealer. I love mine.

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
What is the face plate update? Just a new design or something else?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread