cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a bit overdue I guess. It takes a bit of effort and I just haven't had the time, urge, incentive, or nagging wife harping on me to get it done. Yup, it's empty the buckets time again. The scrap aluminum and clad coins aren't too bad, but, sorting the brass from copper, and doing the crusty pennies is a chore. Anyone have a cement mixer I can borrow?:laughing7:

Attachments

• tumble time.jpg
    tumble time.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got buckets and boxes of copper and brass and lead all over my cellar - luckily i have the room
and thats not counting all this - fishing weights and dive weights found and this is an older pic

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep all my lead sinkers etc, and I buy every lead dive weight belt I see in garage sales, there may come a time when I need to melt it down for freedom.

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brass from copper is definitely time consuming. It all looks the same out of the ground! I have to scratch most items to be able to tell which is which

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I didn't even think of showing all the lead I have too. A short time ago I sold about 120 lbs of it. I think I have another 50 or so now.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a lot of digging!!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Good luck with all that. I can't imagine how many holes that represents.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many years did that take? I gotta get out more.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the last 2-3 years for the coins. Less than 2 years on the scrap metals.

WOW! 2-3 years is all? That is a boatload of coin finds. Congrats. I sort my coins usually following the outing. I've found that those damn zinc pennies will get corrosion on everything they touch, and it makes it that much harder to distinguish pre-1982 to after. That salt water bucket of coins :dontknow:, I'd hate to try sorting that .... especially the stuff on the bottom of the bucket! :BangHead:
All I do is separate the clad, and the brass/copper cents from the rotting zincs.
I have a mess of stuff to get cleaned up, but YOUR pile makes me look like a beginner! :occasion14:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted with a guy in the 1980's who had 5 gal buckets - filled with minie balls. He would have sold them but the dealers were paying only 7 cents per, which seemed like an insult for the history associated with each one. He liked to tell us - "If you can pick up one of those buckets, you can have it", LOL.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Just the last 2-3 years for the coins. Less than 2 years on the scrap metals.

That is one Amazing picture! And only for the last 3 years! You must hunt a good bit. Not to be nosey but how is your silver and gold count?

Also once you cash all in let us know the grand total! Has to be several thousand dollars?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recast all the lead I find to shoot in my flintlocks. One spot on my property must have been a family's target backstop/rotted log/stump as there were hundreds of rifled slugs in one 3 ft area.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one Amazing picture! And only for the last 3 years! You must hunt a good bit. Not to be nosey but how is your silver and gold count?

Also once you cash all in let us know the grand total! Has to be several thousand dollars?

Our beaches and inland spots don't have quite the history of yours, but, we do find some silver coins occasionally, and silver and gold jewelry often. I would say I average 3-4 silver coins a month, probably twice that in silver jewelry, and a couple of golds each month. I'm still tumbling coins, so, it may take a while before I get a total! :laughing7:

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today and this represents a typical 5 hour hunt for me. $9.11 in change, no silver coins, but, one wheat cent, 4 hot wheels, 2 keys, 2 foreign coins, several pieces of costume jewelry, 2 silver earrings, 2 silver earring backs, and a 10K engagement ring with a genuine diamond. Lot's of trash too, but, nobody wants to see that I don't think! :laughing7: About the only things out of the ordinary this outing, is the coin ratio. I found 21 nickels, which is a bit higher than normal, and the dime count was a little lower than normal. Other than not getting my usual quota of a couple of tokens, it was pretty average for inland hunting.

Attachments

• typical hunt.jpg
    typical hunt.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread