Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out this morning at a Bridge construction site . I saw where they went into the woods off the side of the road with a backhoe and removed a foot of dirt to install rip rap . . This is the oldest bridge site iin town and I was hoping for an oldie or two . I only came away with the 1957 Washington , and the old hand turned iron door latch . I needed another spot to finish the morning . After some consideration I decided to try to add to my silver quarter find and went to an old school yard playground site . I found quite a bit of modern silver there when i first started hunting it 3 years ago ! I have also popped the occasional oldie from this site. No modern silver showing for me today . I did hit a spot that produced the two big flat buttons and then got another faint jumpy signal and after removing the plug the signal improved immensely ! At least 10 inches down I had my second Spanish of the year ! An 1805 Carlos The IV MEX. half reale . Birthday Spanish ! I could not be happier ! The other surprise find of the day was the WW II Royal Air Force Button ! Not one I ever expected to find ! Thanks for looking and Happy Treasure hunting !! MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_4253-001.JPG
    IMG_4253-001.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_4254-001.JPG
    IMG_4254-001.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4256-002.JPG
    IMG_4256-002.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_4257-001.JPG
    IMG_4257-001.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_4258-001.JPG
    IMG_4258-001.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 13
OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds. very nice reale
Thanks Bill , yes it was a school yard till the late 1940's early 50's . Just an abandoned lot now ! It definitely saw earlier use before it became a school yard Though ! it was never extremely prolific on older finds But I have pulled 2 draped bust cents and one draped bust half cent , a dated 1799 lead bale seal and a few other early finds ! This was my first old silver from this spot though ! MaineRelic

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maine Relic Those are some awesome finds!! And I like the pics, I need to learn how to get them big like that...Congrads on all the treasure!!

It's pretty simple....CROP first.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Spanish M.R. It's a nice one. A lot of half reals get pretty beat up for some reason.

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you each and everyone of you for your nice comments on my post and my birthday wishes ! Happy Treasure Hunting to all ! MaineRelic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread