What's new

I have no clue...

ericagates

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 21, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, So my soon to be father in law had this neighbor, who was an widow in her 70's.. She was moving, and we helped her pack some stuff up.. In conversation my fiancé mentioned he collected brass items. When we were done, and she was all packed up she gave us a 4 foot tall brass deer from Belgium, and this odd lidded bucket she said come from Jerusalem. When her and her wealthy 1st husband used to travel to the middle east, they somehow acquired it. She didn't remember where, or how.

I have no clue if any of what she said is true, so if anyone could shed some light on this item, I would greatly appreciate it.

I believe it to be brass, it was very oxidized but 4 days of cleaning, I'm starting to get somewhere.
Height to lid - 11 inches
Height to top of handle - 16 inches
Fixed Handle, doesn't even wiggle, will not move.
Covered in some sort of marks, look like odd animal symbols.
 

Attachments

  • 20201221_013300.webp
    20201221_013300.webp
    216.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 20201221_013127.webp
    20201221_013127.webp
    374.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 20201221_013201.webp
    20201221_013201.webp
    132.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 20201221_013244.webp
    20201221_013244.webp
    220.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 20201221_013238.webp
    20201221_013238.webp
    181.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 20201221_013120.webp
    20201221_013120.webp
    255.9 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
Unclemac is right on. Do a search on “Chinese bronze you”. It appears to be some sort of ancient ritual or burial piece (reproduction).
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom