What's new

I have no idea

curt ga

Greenie
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Any help would be appreciated thanks.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_3143.webp
    DSC_3143.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 493
I believe those are OLD nose tongs/crimps for livestock
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet
I think Creskol has it. It's been a good while since I've used or even seen any.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks alot i found it in a cw camp could it be something that they used.
 
Upvote 0
Can we see a photo of the other side please? Thanks
 
Upvote 0
I don't think they are very old but there is a civil war percussion cap laying beside them. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Here ya go
 

Attachments

  • DSC_3144.webp
    DSC_3144.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 484
  • DSC_3144.webp
    DSC_3144.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 465
  • DSC_3144.webp
    DSC_3144.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 480
Upvote 0
Based on the welds, I would agree that they are post war, but they are a unique design, and I would guess from the early 1900's.
I think they are a great find, myself! Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Looks more like a Calf Weaner to me ....No not that kind, it's so the calf can not drink milk from it's mother. I would show a pic of one but don't know how to post stuff yet.
EM
 

Attachments

  • weaner.webp
    weaner.webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 327
Upvote 0
Everett Mcgill said:
Looks more like a Calf Weener to me ....No not that kind, it's so the calf can not drink milk from it's mother. I would show a pic of one but don't know how to post stuff yet.
EM

I thought about that possibility, too, but most of them had some sort of spikes on them I think, but I may be wrong.
Certainly worth investigating, though.
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
Everett Mcgill said:
Looks more like a Calf Weener to me ....No not that kind, it's so the calf can not drink milk from it's mother. I would show a pic of one but don't know how to post stuff yet.
EM

I thought about that possibility, too, but most of them had some sort of spikes on them I think, but I may be wrong.
Certainly worth investigating, though.
Heres a pic I found online.
 

Attachments

  • calf weener.webp
    calf weener.webp
    47.6 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0
So this is what my daughters nose ring is going to look like in the not to distant future?
Brady
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • IMG_3157.webp
    IMG_3157.webp
    70.1 KB · Views: 229
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • calf-nose-weaner-farm-tool_360343057227.webp
    calf-nose-weaner-farm-tool_360343057227.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 225
  • calf-nose-weaner-farm-tool_360343057227.webp
    calf-nose-weaner-farm-tool_360343057227.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom