I hit a hotspot..

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
I'm still digging the old dumps just outside of Trona,Ca in the Mojave Desert up against Death Valley. Been having temps here reaching 126F lately. So I dress in protective clothing. On the way to the excavation this morning I passed by a dead coyote with huge vulture perched on it chomping it's guts out. Arrived at the excavation.began digging and uncovered two deadly scorpions who tried to run up my pants legs. I don't wear undershorts so this is serious business. Killed the scorpions,kept digging and uncovered a nest of six antique marbles. Four appear to be Akro Agate. Don't know what the fifth one is but it sure is pretty. The sixth marble is much larger than the others. Not Akro Agate. It's got a blue patch covering half of the surface,this upon a core of greenish off-white material which fluoresces wonderfully under my UV light. Soon as I'm able to post pics here I'll be posting a steady stream of them.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow sounds like a good dig, looking forward to the pictures . Olny 107 here today, after sundown I going to do a MD hunt at a local park.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread