What's new

I Just Knew There was Silver There

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2014
Messages
12,099
Reaction score
18,282
Golden Thread
1
Location
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out again today and continued hunting my latest permission. I have completed the 1st grid on 50% of the property. I pulled another IHP 1893 (#28 for 2015), :thumbsup:a 1947D Rosie (silver #48),:headbang: & 12 wheats (1930 thru 56D). I also dug the silver back to a pocket watch. I pulled some pieces on Friday from the same watch. I also dug a cool Medina Chapter No.30 R.A.M. Chartered October 22nd 1846 One Penny Token. :thumbsup: This thing rang in as a large cent. When I pulled this big token out, I first thought I had a LC or a clad half due to the color of the coin. The ring gave my heart a race. :3barsgold: I did not know it was junk until I got home & I cleaned it gently. I noticed that some of the gold flaked off. :BangHead:

Notables

20151122_172422.webp

All Coins and Other Keepers

20151122_172349.webp

Relics

20151122_172050.webp

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.
 
Upvote 48
Got out again today and continued hunting my latest permission. I have completed the 1st grid on 50% of the property. I pulled another IHP 1893 (#28 for 2015), :thumbsup:a 1947D Rosie (silver #48),:headbang: & 12 wheats (1930 thru 56D). I also dug the silver back to a pocket watch. I pulled some pieces on Friday from the same watch. I also dug a cool Medina Chapter No.30 R.A.M. Chartered October 22nd 1846 One Penny Token. :thumbsup: This thing rang in as a large cent. When I pulled this big token out, I first thought I had a LC or a clad half due to the color of the coin. The ring gave my heart a race. :3barsgold: I did not know it was junk until I got home & I cleaned it gently. I noticed that some of the gold flaked off. :BangHead:

Notables

View attachment 1238703

All Coins and Other Keepers

View attachment 1238708

Relics

View attachment 1238709

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

Nice diggins, hard to beat a day swinging .
 
Congrats on the finds. Persistence pays off. Only 2 more to go......
Im rooting for ya...
 
You did real good loco! That's the kind of hunt I like getting in! Variety! Congrats!
 
Cool finds again LD!!!! Man, you are the IH penny guy when your out!!!! :occasion14:
 
Nothing wrong with those finds...gotta love silver!
 
Great recoveries!
 
Super effort with great results. If the snow holds off, that property alone might get you to 50. Go get it!:3coins:
 
Great hunt, great finds, I love that token and watch cover, hell I love all those finds!
 
Great hunt....I knew you'd pull silver, and I bet you've just scratched the surface.
 
Last edited:
Loco - looks like an awesome hunt... The watch case is cool :)
 
Very well done LD. The watch back is SWEET! Congrats on all of the nice finds. GL.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom