What's new

I know its native american...

Mr. Magoo

Full Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
165
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know it's native american...

My friend found this in a plowed field and showed me. It looks like an Indian stone axe. Can anyone confirm and maybe what it's value may be? It measures approx. 6" x 5" and is made of stone. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • axe.webp
    axe.webp
    213.6 KB · Views: 653
Re: I know it's native american...

Grooved stone axe, awesome! Used from 8000BC-800AD. It can probably be dated better by someone who knows Indian artifacts. You might want to post it on the American Indian artifacts forum below. HH, Mike
 
Upvote 0
Re: I know it's native american...

Yeap, Its a full grooved Axe. Full grooved axes are believed to be the oldest of the stone axes. I believed they are Middle Archaic(bout 5,or 6 thousand years old) As they got better at halfting, the other axes came about, the three quarter grooved, half grooved, quarter grooved, and finally evolved into the Celt. John
 
Upvote 0
Re: I know it's native american...

Good find. It looks like it's been "plowed" once or twice.
Newt
 
Upvote 0
Re: I know it's native american...

She's a bute :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom