What's new

I know Ive seen this b-4 SOLVED

texan connection

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
4,565
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
But i dont know where
 

Attachments

  • 100_0625.webp
    100_0625.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 531
Re: I know Ive seen this b-4

Looks like a Viking diaper pin!

Seriously,I think I have seen something like that before,but don't know where.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I know Ive seen this b-4

Gypsy Blossom Bottom said:
civil war knapsack hook

Yes, commonly called a "J hook" for some reason. lol
 
Upvote 0
Re: I know Ive seen this b-4

Really? because agien it was found at a old homestead sight near here in central texas
 

Attachments

  • 1019081046[1].webp
    1019081046[1].webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 516
Upvote 0
Re: I know Ive seen this b-4

Unfortunatly the grass is still to thick to hunt it good, but winters comeing on.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I know Ive seen this b-4

I agree, civil war knapsack hook. Maybe a texan who survived the war and brought it home or a postwar loss? Either way it's a pretty cool cw item, congratulations!
 
Upvote 0
Re: I know Ive seen this b-4

About 50000 troops got off the train in calvert, the road going west cut right through this farm, as you can see thats one giant cistern. The owner is pretty intrested as am I. His family has owned the place since 1802 (thats dang old for my area) and Has civil war history.
I found a civil war button further up the old road a yr ago. Its all sand, I dug a 10 Quage shell about 14 inches, so I ought to be able to go deep here.
We just need a good hard freeze ot 2.
Thanks for all ya'lls help Id'ing this Item, it was a great help.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I know Ive seen this b-4

Nice TC.....My kinda Stuff!!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: I know Ive seen this b-4

Man that is a big cistern. Could it be that there was once two or more homes or a stage stop nearby? I'd look for some really old maps to find out just what exactly was there. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Re: I know Ive seen this b-4

Me and thrillatahunt spread out, There were signals everywhere but the grass was to thick yet. definetly a big plantation, way bigger than the 2 cisterns we went to when yall were here, now just pasture. We dug lots of old Iorn, Only coins were early 1900's wheats. thrillatahunt got those.
Typical suspects were pocket watch parts, harmonica reeds, Buggy rien guides, suspender straps, the usall.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I know Ive seen this b-4

that looks like a really great spot, hope the grass fades soon
 
Upvote 0
Re: I know Ive seen this b-4

That cross roads to the southeast of Calvert looks to have been an old established road from the east enroute to Austin. I'd say there is alot of stuff from post CW soldiers and some back into the ROT days along that route.

Of course that is said having done no research.

w
 
Upvote 0
Re: I know Ive seen this b-4

If you feel that this is solved, you may

go back to your first post and
click on Modify

go to Message icon and
click on down arrow

scroll down and
click on Solved.

and the green arrow will appear. solved check.gif
 

Attachments

  • solved check.gif
    solved check.gif
    589 bytes · Views: 300
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom