What's new

I know what it is- but what kind? thanks....

Manzshark

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2009
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites beach Hunter ID
A friend of mine found these buttons on a place that only he hunts so I can tell you much more than that but here are two buttons he found that I took some pics of
that we can't find in any of the books we have with respect to buttons
thanks again in advance for any help you can give- the one button has an anchor on it . and the other is self explanatory - its covered in silver and very heavy...
thanks and keep well..... MM
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0203.webp
    IMG_0203.webp
    402.7 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_0204.webp
    IMG_0204.webp
    258.8 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0201.webp
    IMG_0201.webp
    287.8 KB · Views: 351
I have know Idea what this Item is, and I am sure that someone will come along shortly to help you resize the pics, they are absofreakinlutely Gigantic.

That said, great detail in those pics. What kid of camera are you using?
 
Upvote 0
its a canon powershot SX120 IS 10.0 megapixels
how do I resize the photos?
MM
 
Upvote 0
Resized them for you.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0201.webp
    IMG_0201.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0203.webp
    IMG_0203.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0204.webp
    IMG_0204.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0
The eagle looks like a Militia button (Alberts GI59). That's in nice dug condition, sweet button :icon_thumright:

The anchor may be a cuff link button?
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
The eagle looks like a Militia button (Alberts GI59). That's in nice dug condition, sweet button :icon_thumright:

The anchor may be a cuff link button?

agreed its a cufflink, early 19th C
 
Upvote 0
try photoscape if you don't hav a picture editor. Its free, just google the name. It's really easy tu use too.
 
Upvote 0
Really nice militia button. Congrats! Hogge :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
Wow that militia button is nice. It dates 1812 to 14. The other button dates about 1820. They are supposed to be buttons but I'm not sure of their use.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom