What's new

I Know

mumszie

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
I know I know - I know what you are all going to say….

At least you got out.
At least you aren’t sitting behind a desk at work.
At least the weather was good.
At least it wasn’t snowing.
At least the water was nice.
At least the sun was shinning.
Etc., etc., etc.

I went out this morning and decided to go a little farther from home. So I drove south about an hour to one of my favorite places. I got there about 6 am and hunted until after 8 am. I only got 3 hits the whole time. 2 pulltabs and 1 penny. One of the regular swimmers that I see there all the time told me a guy was hunting there yesterday. Another lady swimmer told me that there were two people hunting there yesterda and I certainly believe it because I was stepping in the holes he left (in the water). He/she cleaned the place out good. Sooooooooo

I went a little further south to another beach. I wasn’t there long and only got 1 penny there. That is when I started getting those “tired” feelings that I used to get a lot of last year. The problem was that at this beach there is no where to sit down for a while. No rocks, no guard towers just sand. Sitting on the sand is not an option for me. Once I get down I can’t get back up! I think I am getting too old. LOL So after an hour at this beach I decided to “pack it in” for the day.

I have come to the conclusion that (for me) it is better to stay in my own little corner of the world and hunt “my” beaches day after day and not try to go further away. At least when I don’t find anything at “my” beaches I don’t have so far to get back home! LOL

I hope YOUR day is much better! :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Hey Mumsie. Don't get yourself down. Beaches aren't producing much right now and we're all feeling it, big time. :wink:

And I wouldn't get too intimidated by the fact that other detectorists were on the same beach earlier. You don't know if they were using a detector with very limited beach capabilities or not. Also, even if they were, all of them probably only effectively covered about 10% of that beach you were on. People often leave huge gaps in their search patterns, especially at the beach.

Also, it has been draining hot here, even by Florida standards and this morning was no better. We're now heading into the worst two months of the summer season. It's no wonder you felt like packing it in before noon.

And as a far as driving to another beach goes, hey, we all need a change of scenery sometime. ;D
 
So you learned a little about this beach, that is good...
Something I learned along time ago when I bought my first detector (1989) from a experienced water hunter, Bob Trevillan ......His advice was take a day, scout out your Beach's, take a chair and watch, the people, the hunters, the tides and your surroundings. And you will come back more CKP.

Confident, Knowledgeable, and Profitable

Best of Luck on your next outing..............Joe/Obn
 
Mumszie......the key to not getting tired is pacing yourself. A lot of stopping and short breaks will help in the long run, you will cover more territory, observe the depositors and be less tired. Meanwhile your legs will not give out, and you won't need a place to sit. I know, been there and thats what I do........we are both in the "old ladies club"!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom