What's new

I need help with Hallmarks

Normann

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
42
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Thailand
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Seahunter Mark II,Fisher Goldbug 2
Hello, i found a earring this morning at the beach. First i tough it was fake, but after cleaning i could see the mark for silver.
It has another mark also. 48 ? is this a mark for the stones ? I don't know but it looks like diamonds, but 5 this size in a earring its to much or what ? I hope somebody can ID it. Thank you for looking.

Good luck Normann
 

Attachments

  • ScreenShot131.webp
    ScreenShot131.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 286
  • ScreenShot132.webp
    ScreenShot132.webp
    47 KB · Views: 281
  • ScreenShot133.webp
    ScreenShot133.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 287
  • ScreenShot134.webp
    ScreenShot134.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 287
Hello. First of all I do believe that the object is silver although, I don't believe the stones are real.They are too clear and glass like. I have seen those ring type things before and they were not made to go around fingers. I can't for the life of me remember what they were made for. Fancy napkin Ring for fine dining or something like that. Cool find
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Hello. First of all I do believe that the object is silver although, I don't believe the stones are real.They are too clear and glass like. I have seen those ring type things before and they were not made to go around fingers. I can't for the life of me remember what they were made for. Fancy napkin Ring for fine dining or something like that. Cool find
Hi, that was realy quick thank you. Sorry about the photos, they does not show the size to good. So i tok a new photo with a dime.

Good luck Normann
 

Attachments

  • ScreenShot135.webp
    ScreenShot135.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0
My WAG is it's sterling, all right, with .48 caratweight of some other material (not diamond); maybe simulated sodolite. (.48 representing 48 'points' where 100 'points' would be one carat.)
Don.......
 
Upvote 0
Maybe toe ring? I have several silver toe rings I found at the lake beach. None of them open like that one, but it would be a good idea since a person's feet often swell a bit when going barefoot. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Monty:

I don't know about your toe rings but when they begin to tighten
too tightly I am inclined to move offshore for relief which causes
'shrinkage' thus more lost toe rings.

lastleg
 
Upvote 0
Could be a body (belly) ring. Judging from the size and the post.

Tony

UPDATE, PICTURE.
 

Attachments

  • 710948307_640.webp
    710948307_640.webp
    1.3 KB · Views: 226
Upvote 0
lastleg said:
Monty:

I don't know about your toe rings but when they begin to tighten
too tightly I am inclined to move offshore for relief which causes
'shrinkage' thus more lost toe rings.

lastleg
Yea I hate when that happens. :wink: Could it be a earring? I think I see a post.







ADDED: I just noticed that Normann tells us in the first sentence that it IS indeed an earring. :) We are really more observant here at TN than we appear in this thread. :-[ :D

4-H said:
Fancy napkin Ring
Monty said:
Maybe toe ring?
Angelo said:
Could be a body (belly) ring.
 
Upvote 0
Mackaydon said:
My WAG is it's sterling, all right, with .48 caratweight of some other material (not diamond); maybe simulated sodolite. (.48 representing 48 'points' where 100 'points' would be one carat.)
Don.......
Thank you Macaydon i think you are right, what do you think about White Topaz ?


Good luck Normann
 
Upvote 0
Angelo said:
Could be a body (belly) ring. Judging from the size and the post.

Tony

UPDATE, PICTURE.
Hi Angelo,i think its posible to use it as belly ring. But i am soure its a earring. I have another in gold, yes its smaller but have the same open,lock.


Good luck Normann
 

Attachments

  • ScreenShot136.webp
    ScreenShot136.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 0
The reason I thought of it as a belly ring was due to the space when closed. It just seemed to be little space to be able to accomodate an ear lobe.

Good Luck.

Tony
 
Upvote 0
Normann:
Yes, the stones could be any of several types. White (or silver) topaz, but not Glacier Topaz (too expensive) or (even as unlikely) zircons--IMHO.
Don......
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom