i need help!!!!!

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
Go really slow, turn your discrimination down, dig every thing as long as the signals not too broken, and spend some serious time detecting. Oh, and have fun.:coffee2:

OP
OP
petrosky

petrosky

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Thank you Toby. I will go and practice later today. For coin shooting it tells me to place my discrimination on 3:00, yesterday was the first time i tried it. Other then heavily oxidized materials it cut my trash digging down tremendously. Between my brother and i we have unearthed around 200 coins so far and probably 50 of them are wheaties. He has found an Indian,war nickel,silver and merc dimes, buffalos, a large cent which is his oldest to date-1844, and all kinds of newer coins. I have a good back yard which is funny cause cause its probably only about 30 square yards. Thanks for the advice. Im addicted 8) happy digging

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you Toby. I will go and practice later today. For coin shooting it tells me to place my discrimination on 3:00, yesterday was the first time i tried it. Other then heavily oxidized materials it cut my trash digging down tremendously. Between my brother and i we have unearthed around 200 coins so far and probably 50 of them are wheaties. He has found an Indian,war nickel,silver and merc dimes, buffalos, a large cent which is his oldest to date-1844, and all kinds of newer coins. I have a good back yard which is funny cause cause its probably only about 30 square yards. Thanks for the advice. Im addicted 8) happy digging

your site must be incredible, what state? go slow is right with no discrimination so you get the 5 cents and gold, try around where the rain washes the ground too.

OP
OP
petrosky

petrosky

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Thanks for the advice Boris, i live in Elizabethtown pa, can't find too much on this town but it only held population of less then 2,000 until the end of wwII, in not sure where all the stuff came from my yard but it definitely has peaked my curiosity. Thanks for the advice

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post your yard with "No Trespassing" signs and don't let your brother in!:laughing7:
If you are finding the coins in the backyard there may have been a clothes line there at one time.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Petrosky,
It is pretty much understood, if your are on this forum you do need help! You do have a very intriguing yard with lots of coins. I would suggest that if you want to find out details about why your yard is so prolific you could go to the city or county land office and check out the history of owners of the property and that might lead to some clues as to why there are so many coins there.

I would also suggest you test some coins and your machine: coins - silver dime, clad dime, wheatie, zincalon, nickle, clad quarter. Have the coins spaced a good distance apart or as your yard has 'so much in it' IF you can find a piece of ground with no target in it you might just use that on piece of ground and just change the coins out. So here goes, place a coin on the surface or just under it, have the discrimination at zero, with the machine on wave the coil over the target. Record what signal/reading you get from the machine. Bring the discrimination up slowly and test swing. At some point it is likely the coin will be discriminated out though silvers maybe never. Mark the spot on your discrimination knob setting indicator with a small piece of tape where each type of coin drops out. If you have any other 'setable' switches/knobs run this same test with them along with the discrimination. When you've completed this for all the various items including a small gold ring you will notice you have a super tuned machine in that you know where each type of material including pull tabs, yup include those and tin foil in your tests. Simply by going through a few swings/knob twists/switch flips you will pretty much know what is in the ground.

You might want to put some very weak batteries in your brothers machine. Good Success............63bkpkr

Last edited:

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
OP
OP
petrosky

petrosky

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Thanks for the replies guys, as soon as this ground thaw's out ill let you know how in doing,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread