What's new

I need to be cheered up.

jakelahana

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 21, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I bought a roll of war nickels for 30.00 plus 4.50 shipping. My question is good price?thanks.
 
Upvote 0
No. (Sorry)

Actually, it's not a terrible price. Just not a great one either.

I woldn't pay that much. Someone here was just talking about how they found a bunch for $0.25 each at a pawn shop. THAT was a great price. :-) Others said that they paid up to $1 each, which would be $40 for yours, so you did well compared to that.

I think about 10 - 12X face is a good price. Not full price retail, and something that you can be happy with. Might be tough to FIND, as people want more right now, but for me I'd probably stop at about 10X face. So if I bought a roll of $2, that's $20 I'd pay. Net.

I think you overspent, but that is my OPINION. PLus finding them in rolls at $0.05 each makes it SOOO much more rewarding anyway. But if they make you happy, or you intend to keep them as a colelctible, then you did fine. :-) And if you can sell them for $1 a piece, then you are making a profit.
 
I don't know, not a great deal, but not bad at all. 40 nickels with $0.9773 silver value each (per coinflation.com) is $39.092
 
Jake,
I've made mistakes buying highly priced coins in the past. So I'm going to let you in on a little secret that will surely cheer you up, but you have to keep this info confidential.
I know where you can get war nickels at $2.00 a roll with no shipping charge. I know this sounds like an outrageous deal, but it is true.
Here is where
Go down to your local bank and buy a box of nickels, or buy some handrolls, or a bag if available and start searching. It may take a while to find a roll, but if you are persistant they are out there,and you will find them. At five cents apiece.

Good luck,

Rich
 
Generally the lower the silver content, the less you will get on resale unless you sell to a private buyer who is interested in war nickels.

The last year or so has been somewhat rare in that junk silver (90 percent on down) has been selling for over spot due to demand.

In recent weeks that premium has been dissolving as the price of silver has gone up. I would avoid buying anything less than 90 percent for investment purposes. I personally do not buy anything other than .999 silver these days, although I used to buy 90 percent when it was cheaper (premium wise).

Jim
 
If you like them, that's all that counts.
Be happy, don't worry!
 
"Not bad, still got'em under spot, I don't have much affinity for the WN's"

Iya afinaty two a WN ina box.

Ricardo
 
Just think if silver keeps going up which it will they will someday be worth much more than you paid. For the future though go and find em yourself CRHing 5 cents a piece you can't beat that except for finding it on the ground.

Golden Silver
 
Rich Hartford said:
Jake,
I've made mistakes buying highly priced coins in the past. So I'm going to let you in on a little secret that will surely cheer you up, but you have to keep this info confidential.
I know where you can get war nickels at $2.00 a roll with no shipping charge. I know this sounds like an outrageous deal, but it is true.
Here is where
Go down to your local bank and buy a box of nickels, or buy some handrolls, or a bag if available and start searching. It may take a while to find a roll, but if you are persistant they are out there,and you will find them. At five cents apiece.

Good luck,

Rich

Yeup! Myself have bought soooo much Silver, wish knew of CRH'in back then cause as it is now I've no intention or even thought of buying Silver, well Silver for any more than face value anyway!
 
Rich Hartford said:
Jake,
I've made mistakes buying highly priced coins in the past. So I'm going to let you in on a little secret that will surely cheer you up, but you have to keep this info confidential.
I know where you can get war nickels at $2.00 a roll with no shipping charge. I know this sounds like an outrageous deal, but it is true.
Here is where
Go down to your local bank and buy a box of nickels, or buy some handrolls, or a bag if available and start searching. It may take a while to find a roll, but if you are persistant they are out there,and you will find them. At five cents apiece.

Good luck,

Rich

Yep, found 18 of them in the past 2 months. Only 22 more for a full roll!
 
Hey, :hello:

What condition are they in, do you have any key dates ? :icon_scratch: If the condition is BU (Brilliant Uncirculated) MS 64+ (Mint State 64+) Otherwise perfect condition. Yea that's a good deal.... :headbang: If they are worn and gray then they are not worth that much. :dontknow: Buying online is a bad way to buy coins, you can't hold the coin in your hand and look at it up close. I mean you can shop careful. By buying graded coins or making sure you have a trusted seller with good pictures. A local coin shop or pawn shop you can see what your buying hold it, look at it careful even smell it if you like.... :icon_scratch:

If they are BU then you can make your money back having a few graded and selling them as BU. :headbang:

Keep @ It and HH!! ;D :D
 
I'd check 'em for the errors.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom