What's new

I only thought Yesterday was unbelievable

waseeker

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,133
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, after yesterdays record finds including the 2 Barber half dollars, I figured my luck for the year was gone. But being the crazed wacked out CRH'er that I am I went out to make my rounds again this morning.

First I stopped at the bank where I found the Barber Quarter in the reject drawer a couple of weeks ago. Their half dollar bag only needed $81.00 to top it off so I did that and bought that bag.

Here's what was in that bag
:icon_sunny:
25 40% Half Dollars
4 90% 1964 Kennedy Half Dollars
7 Franklin Half Dollars 1950D; 1951S; 1959D; 1960D; 1962D; and 1963D (2);

1935 Austria 2 Schillings .640 Silver

2 Canadian $2.00 Coins

1 1893 Columbian Exposition Half Dollar

1 very corroded 1965 English Penny

1 very corroded middle date US LARGE CENT.

Just absolutely amazing. I had gotten 2 Columbian Expo half dollars in a bag last year, and to get another one just floored me.

To get a LARGE CENT in a bag of half dollars was even more amazing. It's is very corroded and appears it may have been found by a metal detectorist.

I also stopped by another branch and topped off their half dollar bag. Results of that search will be posted later.

As if that wasn't enough, after stopping by my dump bank to get rid of the half dollars, I took the MD out for a swing around the local elementary school. Only found 6 coins but one of those was a 1956D Roosie
 

Attachments

  • Oct 3 Silver.jpg.webp
    Oct 3 Silver.jpg.webp
    102 KB · Views: 621
  • Oct 3 Silver #2.webp
    Oct 3 Silver #2.webp
    109 KB · Views: 622
  • oct 3 Silver#3.webp
    oct 3 Silver#3.webp
    51 KB · Views: 601
Upvote 0
Holy cow dude! We need a firefighter to put out your flames!
 
Holy cow!!!!! :thumbsup:
 
thats got to be some aweseome two day totals.
The large cent it sick.
 
You must have magic powers or something bro. I am DEFINATELY going to harass every bank with a coin counter to give me their bags when I get back into CRH. =)

~Dave
 
Rare post to see. You're on a roll now!

Got to get a date off that Large Cent, that is so cool.

And nice foreign finds. And a beautiful commemorative!

I could go on! Hope next week extends the streak.
 
Bjorn_MD said:
Rare post to see. You're on a roll now!

Got to get a date off that Large Cent, that is so cool.

And nice foreign finds. And a beautiful commemorative!

I could go on! Hope next week extends the streak.

Well the streak is over. Hit the 2 branches of my bank (ones I rarely visit because of distance). One had filled and turned in a bag of half dollars 2 weeks ago and the other one about 4 weeks ago. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom