I Planted a Garden Today

Shorty Buckshot

Aug 19, 2012
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an Ace 250 a couple weeks ago and am still getting used to the different tones, signals and such....one thing I am still having trouble with is using the pinpointer. I watched the DVD that came with the 250, I watched a few different youtube videos on pinpointing and have been practicing, but still am digging a hole way bigger than it should be, so today I planted a garden....My garden consisted of a penny, nickel, dime and quarter along with a soda tab, a nail and an old piece of iron.....I marked the location of each and went to swingin'...good thing is I found everything I planted, but I think it partly was because I knew where they were to begin with.....it was good practice I guess, but somehow just didn't seem particularly helpful....think I will watch some youtube videos again and hopefully in time my pinpointing skills will improve....all I have found so far is clad and junk....hoping soon for a piece of jewelry or one of those WOW items many here have posted....its gonna be cold here soon, time is a wastin'.....Thanks for the look....Shorty

seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey shorty, another type of garden with no digging is to put the coins under a piece of cardboard on a floor, then you can listen to the sounds and figure the difference. marking the cardboard with the type and general area they are in would help. This was a suggestion given to me by another md,er. Hope it helps and now to follow my own advise and learn my new ace350. hh and good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread