I struck gold - Kinda

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Well actually, might be worth gold if anyone will honor it.

I found a 1928B light green seal $20 gold reserve US bill. Nice!! It was in my $20 holder of my till. I am totally struck dumbfounded (not the first time this week, LOL) that my co-worker working in the cash office didn't snap it up. Other cashiers wanted it but I told them no, I called dibbs on it first. I normally don't collect dollar bills, but something so old and neat looking like this called to me. Not to mention that it says "Redeemable for gold on demand". I am use to the Silver ones. I found a 1928 B light green seal $10 dollar gold reserve US bill too just last year.

Kinda wondering if I took them to a coin shop if they would actually exchange it for $30 dollars of gold. LMAO. how small would that be? about the size of the head on a pin would be my guess. I checked ebay and google and they vary on price obviously. main price range was 20 to 50 dollars for normal bills. No holes or rips in either bill, just the absolutely tinyest tip of the corners is folded over.

I know I posted in the wrong section but I couldn't find the dollar or paper section of TN. So if the Mods can let me know a better place to put this, I'd appreciate it. And I wanted my CRHer freinds to read my newest find. Rather have a couple of silver quarters but hey! I'll take what the Almighty give me.

Big Smiles and hugs,

Garoulady

Upvote 0
There is a "Paper currency" section here that is a few sections down from CRH on the list.

I know! It's soo cool. I mean I'm not into variety and errors or stuff like that but just the idea that instead of silver, it says gold. too bad gold is so bloody expensive now. But I'll take gold certificates right now. And thanks Sagittarus. Appreciate the headsup.

-Garoulady

Would be nice if they used the price of gold the year the bill was issued an exchanged at that rate.

whats the collectable value you have found so far?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back