Willee
Sr. Member
- Joined
- May 6, 2009
- Messages
- 313
- Reaction score
- 56
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Corpus Christi, Texas
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I went metal detecting this morning out in the water.
After a while I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth swimming by me.
Frogs are good bass bait and as I also like to fish I wanted that frog.
Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth I grabbed him right behind the head,
took the frog, and put it in my finds pouch.
Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit. (he was a bit upset at this point)
So, I grabbed my flask of Jack Daniels (always carry a nip with me) and poured a little in it's mouth.
His eyes rolled back and he went limp.
I released him into the water without incident and carried on with my metal detecting.
A little later, I felt a nudge on my hip.
There was that same snake ... with two frogs in his mouth.
Got to bring more Jack Daniels with me next time.
Willee
After a while I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth swimming by me.
Frogs are good bass bait and as I also like to fish I wanted that frog.
Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth I grabbed him right behind the head,
took the frog, and put it in my finds pouch.
Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit. (he was a bit upset at this point)
So, I grabbed my flask of Jack Daniels (always carry a nip with me) and poured a little in it's mouth.
His eyes rolled back and he went limp.
I released him into the water without incident and carried on with my metal detecting.
A little later, I felt a nudge on my hip.
There was that same snake ... with two frogs in his mouth.
Got to bring more Jack Daniels with me next time.
Willee
Upvote
0








