I think I am getting a LOT closer to the Pic Nic Grove :)

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From where the old water pump is it is about a quarter mile away from the old pump.

View attachment 2073671 I came across the area I think now is in the right area.The old pump base is still there but I have no idea what it was used for. This I think now is the area the Pic Nic Grove was in. There was a bridge across the creek to get to it from the other side. here is a new place i came across a pump and poles with cables I believe used to support a bridge.
Pump1.JPG
Pump3.JPG
Pump4.JPG
Pump6.JPG

Last edited:

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
It makes sense to me Gary. Keep us posted as to progress you make. I hope you track it down and recover some neat items.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some call it a creek some call it a river, and some call it a stream. I do know over the years creaks and streams change locations.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
These folks probably have your answer:
One source said the Pic Nic Grove was located 12 miles SE from Canton on Waynesburg Rd.--on State Rt. 43.
Good luck,
Don....

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
From where the old water pump is it is about a quarter mile away from the old pump.

View attachment 2073671 I came across the area I think now is in the right area.The old pump base is still there but I have no idea what it was used for. This I think now is the area the Pic Nic Grove was in. There was a bridge across the creek to get to it from the other side. here is a new place i came across a pump and poles with cables I believe used to support a bridge. View attachment 2073672 View attachment 2073673 View attachment 2073674 View attachment 2073675
Gare

You are almost there, follow you fellings

Good luck Budy

Keep us posted

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These folks probably have your answer:
One source said the Pic Nic Grove was located 12 miles SE from Canton on Waynesburg Rd.--on State Rt. 43.
Good luck,
Don....
I am a member of that plus two more historical societies. Waynesbrug had 3 groves that i know of

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's UPDATE !!!!

It was 55 Degrees when i left home headed for the grove area. It is about 3 miles from my house. WHen i got there Michael the land owner had his 2 4 wheelers running. I took my deus 2 with 11 inch coil and a Simplex Plus for michael to use. The location was about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile from Michael's home. When we got to the spot i started to show Michael how to use the Simplex. Seems i forgot a lot about it and had to call a friend that knew it.We were abkiy10 yards from the pump near the creek. and 4 yards from the poles with the cables on them. Michaels frost target was maybe 12 to 16 inches deep. We got it dug out and it was a 12 inch or so eye bolt. about 12 to 14 inches long. After we got it out it started to pour rain and the COLD WIND really blew. We had to quit and head back to Michael's place.

Creeks and rivers do change there locations and a lot of years, All the dirt we dug trying to get to the bolt was sand type earth. I am afraid the area i have been looking for id filled in with river dand. i a=m not giving up yet but getting closer

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Today's UPDATE !!!!

It was 55 Degrees when i left home headed for the grove area. It is about 3 miles from my house. WHen i got there Michael the land owner had his 2 4 wheelers running. I took my deus 2 with 11 inch coil and a Simplex Plus for michael to use. The location was about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile from Michael's home. When we got to the spot i started to show Michael how to use the Simplex. Seems i forgot a lot about it and had to call a friend that knew it.We were abkiy10 yards from the pump near the creek. and 4 yards from the poles with the cables on them. Michaels frost target was maybe 12 to 16 inches deep. We got it dug out and it was a 12 inch or so eye bolt. about 12 to 14 inches long. After we got it out it started to pour rain and the COLD WIND really blew. We had to quit and head back to Michael's place.

Creeks and rivers do change there locations and a lot of years, All the dirt we dug trying to get to the bolt was sand type earth. I am afraid the area i have been looking for id filled in with river dand. i a=m not giving up yet but getting closer
Next time you will be exactly in the spot.

I can smell it.😎

Good luck, Gare

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the spot is under 12 to 15 inches of sand now. Here is a picture of another pump I believe is near the area I am looking for.

IMG-0871.jpg
Picnic1.JPG
Picnic2.JPG
Picnic3.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread