What's new

I think I may have found something good

Southie E.J.

Full Member
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
104
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Boston Ma
Detector(s) used
WHITES COINMASTER, MINELABS 705, and ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this medallion. Its crusty and beat but it appears to be very old and rare. It has a soldier of some sort standing on a dead body with a sword in one hand and a spear in the other. The words that I can read say SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS on it. Other parts of the corroded medallion I think had words on it but most of those words are missing. Theres nothing on the back but of the imprint of the front. I hope I found a goodie!
 

Attachments

  • old medallion.webp
    old medallion.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,858
cw0909 said:
Southie E.J. wondering if yours has the pin hook backside
like in fig B,i cant find a pic of the back of the seal
to see what it looks like, could we see the back, of yours
and see which one you have,they look a lot alike from the
front,both are prob equally rare, nice finds

jpg links
A
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=encrypted.google.com

B
http://hanoverbrass.com/more2.htm
T - 121 Virginia Breast Plate

Circa 1850

(T-121 can be cast as a breast plate or buckle.)

TG- 121 Virginia Breast Plate

"original look with the pin type attachment"
-----------

I definetly would say its B. Thanks for the reply & photos.
 
Upvote 0
Its on its way to Leonard now! I cant wait to see it restored! Ill post the restored piece when I get it back! I wouldnt want to rush it but I hope it doesnt take too long to restore.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom