I think I won a batting title last night... hit .769!

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I won a batting title last night, hitting 10 for 13 for a batting average of .769! However, my slugging percentage was low. More Ichiro than Ted Williams, but I don’t mind being a singles and doubles hitter. I’d rather hit for power though;)

I was able to head to my favorite site for about an hour after work. Targets were frequent and decent. I dug 13 targets (any solid non-ferrous signal) of which 10 were keepers. I must have hit a spot that was used to either open or seal bales, because I found 7 bale seals. Best finds of the night were a 1901 Barber Dime and a neat little brass buckle. The Barber breaks my 3 hunt no-silver slump.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 1

19cbb

Nov 16, 2012
Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...More Ichiro than Ted Williams, but I don’t mind being a singles and doubles hitter. I’d rather hit for power though

Doubles are undervalued... Homers scream PEDs these days 8-)

Oh, neat finds!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The brass buckle is great--looks to me to be an older type design too. I'm sure someone here will give us a date. I dug a bale seal too the other day and posted it with my finds. It has the numbers 650 with a line over them on the side not posted. Would love to see yours cleaned up. Do you or any of the experts here have a best practices technique for cleaning up lead and/or pewter?

OP
OP
oxbowbarefoot

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
The brass buckle is great--looks to me to be an older type design too. I'm sure someone here will give us a date. I dug a bale seal too the other day and posted it with my finds. It has the numbers 650 with a line over them on the side not posted. Would love to see yours cleaned up. Do you or any of the experts here have a best practices technique for cleaning up lead and/or pewter?

Good question. I have a couple dozen bale seals from this site, I have just used water and a soft tooth brush.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread