What's new

I think I'm addicted

boojababy

Full Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2016
Messages
190
Reaction score
222
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I went to bible study, when I was leaving I looked at the hill by the park a couple blocks away and my only thought was "I wonder if kids have rolled down that hill, I should check it out." I haven't checked it yet but I will.
 
That's a good indicator you're mentally addicted.

Just wait until you're willing to attend events that hold no interest for you except for seeing the useage patterns of other attendees. Then you'll not think, but know you're addicted!

It only gets worse. :tongue3:
 
That's a step above me, but getting there. :BangHead:
 
To some it's a hobby, to me and many others it's an obsession. Welcome to the addiction.
 
Funny thing...
Metal detecting is one of those things...
Some try it and are like "nahhhh"
Some try it and are like "ehhh"...
Some try it and are like "cool"...
Some try it and are like "wow"...
Some try it and are like....

Where can I get a detector ?

After this point there is a separation... between those who go ahead and invest in a detector and gear.... try it and the stuff is in the garage.
And those who buy into it and the stuff is in the closet...
then there are those who invest in it and the stuff is ready at all time to go.

Then the are those...

Who's stuff is still dirty from just returning from going.

PS...
There was a funny thread awhile back titled something like "you know you are addicted to metal detecting when".
 
Mine is always dirty. I used to wipe it off, but I realized if the dirt isn't dry yet, why? Now I wipe down every 2 weeks when I change the rechargeables... :)

Well I always rinse mine.
Habit.
IF there is shower in area... if not then when I get home with hose...

Unlesssssss I am going again in morn.
 
Yep, your addicted! But you've done the right thing, you've admitted it and joined T-net.....AA for detectorest.

HH RN
 
Mines driving in the country or see an old house on tv and I'm like dang I would love to swing around there, wonder what I would find. Lol

Keep swinging my friends!
 
I am total confused, I do not know what I am. Help
 
Hills are where people watchers hang out.
Young sweethearts and older picnickers pick hills as favorite spots to settle.
Hills provide winter time activities like skiing, sledding, and snowboarding.
Whether relaxing or engaged in physical activity, lots of stuff gets lost on hills.
Yep,, next step is to stop thinking and start searching.
 
Yep!
And when you meet people and remember the bling they were wearing, but not their names.

"Every" yard you drive by and think..."i haven't detected there yet" ....becareful on that one... distracted driving!

Tall, old shade trees make you wonder how many people over the years have sat under them, losing coins & things.

....and you can't pass a coinstar machine without checking the reject tray.

Yep! You're one of us!
 
I guarantee you I'm addicted! You can call and ask my wife. If there's a 12 step program for detector isms, I don't want to know about it.
 
I guarantee you I'm addicted! You can call and ask my wife. If there's a 12 step program for detector isms, I don't want to know about it.

Funny you should ask. It just so happens, i will have one in place by the end of this week.
Step 1...walk 11 more steps and dig.
step 2...walk 10 more steps and dig.
step 3...walk 9 more steps and dig....
 
I always have my machine in my truck. Everything has its place. Also a note book, for writing down streetso and addresses for future digging opportunities. Beside which are numbers for ratings on importants, or degrees on the order of which should be hunted first. 1-10. Currently I have four pages of places I can detect. All within 10 miles of my house. The list gets longer , faster than I can get to them. Always looking, always thinking. Yes I am consumed.
 
In my back yard there's an area I haven't been able to detect cause its too overgrown, it's a lot
of work and I'm 1 big mosquito bite but it will be worth it to be able to check it out.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom