I think ive made up my mind... finally! Fisher F4

chris725

Greenie
Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think i've made up my mind... finally! Fisher F4

This is my first post and first and foremost i'd like to say this place has been so helpful the last few weeks!!!
So with that said, here it goes... So I thought I had my heart set on the Garrett AT Pro, but after hours and hours of online research I have have come to the conclusion that the Fisher F4 is everything I really want/need with a price tag that I can handle. I'm thinking the AT Pro is probably a little better machine, but it also has some features and such that i'm not sure I really need and if I can save a bucks I don't think i'll miss them. I like the display with the VDI readout, which is not something I "had" to have, but really wanted. And the ground balance is something that I do believe is something I need. I live in the northeast and there's quite a bit of iron and clay in the soil. I have owned a couple MD's, but never really had the time to really "dig in" and truly say I "understood" every feature of these detectors. I really did like my old Ace250, and found quite a few things, but it did seem to lack a little when I would get in certain situations, like iron and clay soil. I had all the coils and tried numerous "tricks", but just felt like I was missing good targets because of the soil conditions.
Anyways, so for the price, features, and reviews i've been reading I think the F4 is the machine that will get me excited for the hobby once again and keep me hooked. I love local history and finding little treasures, even if they are only treasures to me. I was planning on purchasing the F4, along with the 4" coil. It looks like headphones are included, which I can upgrade later. Is there anything I may be overlooking? Accessories, or even unit wise? I really don't want/need any of the "extras" that are included in a lot of the "accessory packages", like the trinkets and such, so where would be a good, reputable place, to get a good deal on just what I need? The F4, 4" coil, and headphones. I have a pinpointer, digging tools, etc. so those items are not on my shopping list.
Any replies and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: I think i've made up my mind... finally! Fisher F4

Feel free to give me a ring or email tomorrow. Love to help you on your purchase! :hello:

OP
OP
C

chris725

Greenie
Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: I think i've made up my mind... finally! Fisher F4

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies said:
Feel free to give me a ring or email tomorrow. Love to help you on your purchase! :hello:

Thanks Bart! I may be a few days, weeks, before I actually pull the trigger but i'll definatley give you a call before I make a purchase. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions