Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a little tired of clad, I wanted a hunt with a chance of something nice and old. But, I only had a couple hours.

I decided on the mansion as my good old stand by. It worked, but not like I figured. :)

I have been hunting this mansion for almost a year now and knew there had to be a way. I figured on trying this area of the grounds that has a whole LOT of air interference. I figured that with my experience on the AT-Pro now I might just be able to squeeze something out of there.

I figured I would ground balance and then desensitize until I could get a fairly stable platform. Sort of giving up some depth for better chance at hearing something.

I took about 10 swings and got this hit:

89.jpg

Now, I knew this section of ground very, very well. I could not have missed a blatantly obvious hit like this. Not in this particular spot. Heck, this was a SURFACE hit!!!

I passed my magic wand, brushing aside a leaf and there it was, right on top!

PEEK1.jpg
PEEK2.jpg

ROSEGARDEN1.jpg
ROSEGARDEN2.jpg

The only thing I can figure is that since this was a garden area, they must've spread some topsoil. It was probably brought in with that, as I said, I know this piece of ground. :)

But, that wasn't all. Just about 5 feet further on I got another surface hit. This one was a penny hit. There, laying right on top, was this penny:

Image82.jpg

Seems almost like a trick of my detector. LOL Here I was ready for a serious, slow, deep signal hunt and I find one of my best coins, lying on top. LOL

Here's the rest:

Image81.jpg
Image94.jpg

The little gold thing is just a dog tag. The chain looks like a pretty old one. Possibly a watch chain.

Image83.jpg
Image85.jpg
Image86.jpg
Image88.jpg
Image90.jpg
Image91.jpg
Image92.jpg
Image93.jpg

I'm going to take a while to do any more cleaning up on this one. :)

Thanks for peeking!
HH!

Upvote 5
You're like a snake charmer, but for coins!

You're like a snake charmer, but for coins!

Ahhhh, but if that were only true. :) But, no, I think this is more about not eliminating any ground simply because you've been there before. :)

It's a shame though. It looks like this one has been lying face up for at least a few months. In the open, with all that nasty air and water working on it. ;) This looks like it would have been a VERY pretty coin when it was lost. It has had one hard life! You can still see a lot of detail but, I think this is about as clean as it's going to get.

The indian head turned out well and I can just read something on the top of the button. I know it's old but can't figure how much.

I'm happy though. If nothing else, I have learned to appreciate just how difficult it is to turn up a coin like this. She'll be prominently displayed from now on.

Image95.jpgImage96.jpg

Life is good, ya know? :)

HH!

Last edited:
Nice hunting !!

Keep @ it and HH !!

Thanks MUD(S.W.A.T), it is nice that some appreciate the finds and take a moment to say so.

I didn't even notice. I sort of hit a tri-fecta one pennies didn't I? LOL

Nice day. They don't come around too often anymore.

Thanks again,
HH!

Hmmm.....did I just hear a collective yawn? ;) LOL

Not a 20 dollar gold piece but, how many have even found a LC?

A tri-fecta and , almost bupkiss. LOL

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend!

HH!

:notworthy:Oh sure! YOU can say life is good, you just found an LC! Nice find, congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back