What's new

I was censored??? Your Opinion, please.

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear All,
I just posted under the topic "A Little APUSH story." During my discussion, I used the term "--deleted--." (Okay--deleted again--I used this word: ig-nor-ant). I like to think of myself as a lady that will not utilize profanity, period. The word was censored from my dialogue.

If I upset anyone, please post. If I spoke out of context, please post. I do not want to offend anyone, but after the things I have seen within T-Net posts, I was so suprised that I would be on the chopping block.

If you guys don't want me here posting, let me know. I will bow out with grace, dignity, and decorum.

My many thanks,
apush :read2:
 
Upvote 0
apush said:
Dear All,
I just posted under the topic "A Little APUSH story." During my discussion, I used the term "--deleted--." (Okay--deleted again--I used this word: ig-nor-ant). I like to think of myself as a lady that will not utilize profanity, period. The word was censored from my dialogue.

If I upset anyone, please post. If I spoke out of context, please post. I do not want to offend anyone, but after the things I have seen within T-Net posts, I was so suprised that I would be on the chopping block.

If you guys don't want me here posting, let me know. I will bow out with grace, dignity, and decorum.

My many thanks,
apush :read2:

ig-nor-ant has been used many times here as an attack on members

So the Filter is apparently set up to
remove it & Save Moderators Time

& In some cases save members
from getting in trouble for
using it in an inappropriate way.


If you know absolutely your use of the word
should not offend anyone you can edit like this
"ig-nor-ant"

But if you edit a word that you know
is inappropriate to get it to pass the filter,
you may be in trouble.

I Hope this explains.
 
APUSH,

I too have been censored for the same word. I did not agree with it either. I think Webster defines it as, not having knowledge of. So I am ig-no-ra-nt of how to repair jet engines. But I can make a 327 Chevy V-8 fly!

But I got over it. It just comes with the territory.

Bob
 
obediah said:
There is a solution to this but it is difficult for a sKool teacher am sure, just misspell the questionable words, yeah I know that is ignurant but it works!


I've been deleted several times but so far never banned.
 
Apparently the software equates i gnorant with s tupid rather than the true meaning of the word. I too have been caught by the i gnorant censoring software. M :dontknow: nty
 
If I had know it was a computer "system" that was monitoring, I would never had put up such a big fuss--or gave it a second thought. :BangHead:

Oh well, live and learn.

apush :read2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom