What's new

I was just figgerin,odds look good to me!

worldtalker

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
21,617
Reaction score
31,162
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Take an old swimming area 100 yrs. old,if 30 people aday [an average ] swam around and dove off the wood raft [ been replaced a lot,same anchor point ] for 90 days of summer, lets see,90 daysx30 people=2700 peoplex100 years =270000 people,supposing we use an average of 2% of the people lost something, that leaves 5400 drops,and unless you have underwater access,which very few people do,I'd say the odds look PRETTY DANG GOOD!!!!!
 
Sounds like a Very good assumption to me..... :thumbsup: Just gotta find a dippin hole :dontknow: Then get the goodies :headbang:
 
poorhunter78,Got it covered,goin sat. to scope out the area snorkeling.
 
worldtalker said:
poorhunter78,Got it covered,goin sat. to scope out the area snorkeling.
Just think! Tie a couple lines to your feet with lures on them and you could kill 2 turkeys with 1 shot.....Find Goodies, And catch your limit on Fish.. :laughing7:

Sound Good Anyway... :headbang:
 
Seen a fella at the Lake Springfield Beach about five years ago with the same thought in mind. He brought in a small two inch dredge, and a hookah setup to get under the old diving platform that had been there since 1937.

It was a good idea as there was 10 ft of water there and no one else had been able to work the area, only problem is he didn't take into consideration the 2 1/2 ft of silt that he got mired in and almost drowned. The goodies are still there and they have closed the beach and will not let anyone into work it these days.

I was there when he tried it. To bad it didn't work, I always wandered what was under the platform with that many years being used for diving. I'm sure it is considerable.

Rick :coffee2:
 
I went to one of those and found a Ruby 10K gold ring
 
worldtalker said:
Take an old swimming area 100 yrs. old,if 30 people aday [an average ] swam around and dove off the wood raft [ been replaced a lot,same anchor point ] for 90 days of summer, lets see,90 daysx30 people=2700 peoplex100 years =270000 people,supposing we use an average of 2% of the people lost something, that leaves 540 drops,and unless you have underwater access,which very few people do,I'd say the odds look PRETTY DANG GOOD!!!!!

Love it when people do the math. :thumbsup:

Silt build up may or may not be an issue, depending on bottom type, water movement, etc. They dredged a lake near me of 15-20 feet of buildup but it was a big hole along a muddy stream. Extreme example but you never know til you check it out.

I want to see the finds.

Al
 
deepskyal said:
worldtalker said:
Take an old swimming area 100 yrs. old,if 30 people aday [an average ] swam around and dove off the wood raft [ been replaced a lot,same anchor point ] for 90 days of summer, lets see,90 daysx30 people=2700 peoplex100 years =270000 people,supposing we use an average of 2% of the people lost something, that leaves 540 drops,and unless you have underwater access,which very few people do,I'd say the odds look PRETTY DANG GOOD!!!!!

Love it when people do the math. :thumbsup:

Silt build up may or may not be an issue, depending on bottom type, water movement, etc. They dredged a lake near me of 15-20 feet of buildup but it was a big hole along a muddy stream. Extreme example but you never know til you check it out.

I want to see the finds.

Al
Al,started Sunday,bottom is sandy first 12in. then HARD PACK.Target retrieval is slow,but,there is good stuff.Still waiting on the rings!!!!!It'll be faster once I get paper from DEP for my dredge.Thanks for the reply!God Bless,Chris HH PS Everything is numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just gotta figure.
 

Attachments

  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    121.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    127.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    121.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    127.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 137

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom