What's new

ID early american military button

pursuit

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2010
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
ohio
Detector(s) used
whites v3
Hello again, im posting this for a friend who found this near an old spring were we live. He texted me a picture of this button and I uploaded it to this forum. The button is concave but missing the eye. It is a one piece and I believe it to be military. Can someone give me an era and an estimate of its value or what ever info you have to throw my way, Thanks! - pursuit
P.s I meant to add it has 13 stars and its 3/4 " in diameter
 

Attachments

  • 0320100033a.webp
    0320100033a.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 506
that particular eagle design was first being used in the Navy in 1786. Tennessee became the 16 State in 1796, to give the 16 stars. I haven't seen this particular button, but would think it would date between 1786-1800.

Nova Treasure
 
Upvote 0
Thank you! Wish it was my find...... but hey im happy that my friend found it, its to nice an object to leave in the ground!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom