What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED ID help on coin

Joined
May 23, 2024
Messages
341
Reaction score
302
Golden Thread
0
Location
Atlanta GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
IMG_4317.webp
IMG_4319.webp
IMG_4318.webp

I dug this coin pretty deep underground it has a bust facing to the left in the first pic and on the last pic it’s slightly bigger than a quarter for size reference I found it in a historical area maybe just a flattened ran over quarter?
 
I do see what looks like Washington profile… tough to say
If it is common quarter… it’s ugly as hell.
Good luck with an ID
 
Upvote 0
I see a bearded fellow facing the right. Did you find it in Georgia?
 
Upvote 0
Charles IV coins (Spain/Mexico) have a very George Washington look to the effigy...but facing the wrong way.... try French kings... Louis 14-15...
 
Upvote 0
This one is a challenge. The more I look, the more faces I see. The irregular shape reminds me of an ancient coin. Maybe if you tried to photograph it wet, or with different lighting?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom