Id help

Arkansaw

Nov 23, 2018
SW Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found last weekend in rock shelter about 7 ft deep in SW MO. It’s beveled on each end. Most of the stuff I find there is archaic and some paleo, but with the way this thing is beveled it looks sort of like Harahey. Any ideas? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1592601558.735750.jpg

Upvote 0

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm at what the Heck? Looks something like a harahey knife. Strange one.

OP
OP
Arkansaw

Arkansaw

Nov 23, 2018
SW Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry for all the multi posts. Seems that when I try to group pics from my phone, it doesn’t load them.

OP
OP
Arkansaw

Arkansaw

Nov 23, 2018
SW Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm at what the Heck? Looks something like a harahey knife. Strange one.

Yeah idk. It was really deep for a Harahey, but I can’t find anything close to it in overstreet or online. Hoping someone can lead me to the promise land!

OP
OP
Arkansaw

Arkansaw

Nov 23, 2018
SW Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Out of my area, but it pretty obviously is one IMO.

I’d be more than thrilled if it is. It’s just hard to wrap my head around it. I found way older stuff on the way down before it popped out and this was undisturbed ground before I started digging

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful stuff. No idea on the I.d. Looks like they were making tools for the specific task at hand in that rock shelter. Very nice finds. Rock shelters are fun as they kinda tell a story more so than a field or creek find.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful stuff!

OP
OP
Arkansaw

Arkansaw

Nov 23, 2018
SW Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful stuff. No idea on the I.d. Looks like they were making tools for the specific task at hand in that rock shelter. Very nice finds. Rock shelters are fun as they kinda tell a story more so than a field or creek find.

Shelters are my absolute favorite. Tons of bones down there. Still haven’t found any awls, but I’m sure there’s one in there with my name on it!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harahey was my first thought, for what the thought of a Georgia boy is worth.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shelters are my absolute favorite. Tons of bones down there. Still haven’t found any awls, but I’m sure there’s one in there with my name on it!

They are my favorite also especially if it has not been touched. You can dig and sift all day and its peaceful. Only bones I ever seem to find is if the shelter is near a river and has shell in it. I think the rodents kept the bones cleared out of the ones in the mountains plus the mountain ones were pretty seasonal around here. You are on a good site.Keep at it and share some site pics if you want but make sure the data is turned off the pictures.
Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread